***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Just wanted to say Good Morning to everyone. Vicky and I will be going on two Princess tours today starting at 7:15. As we are in Ushuaia, we will be taking the Southernmost Railway going to Ensenada Bay. The second tour we drive to the End of the World or end of the Pan-American Highway. When we return I will give you the inside scoop of the tours.

Sorry I have to make this short as I do not want to be late for my tour.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill:)

where the outside temp is approx. 45 degrees. Announcement said it would warm up to 53. WOW! A heat wave! Sorry folks, but Floridian bones do not take to cold weather. Here in the internet cafe it's H as H.

I have a few minutes with nothing to report. How's that for someone who is usually verbose? :) We're meeting friends at 9:00 to meander in port and see/do whatever........ Spontaneity (sp?).

Captain's Elite luncheon is Friday; got our invitation last night. Don't know what the cutoff is; Tony will know and report. You never know how many Elites are on board and patter is requesting those with more than 300 days to check in with the Circle hostess. Amazing. Usually you see requests at 100 or 150 days; first time I've ever seen it for 300+.

Hi Suzie and NorCal. Nice to see so many previous cruising friends popping up on here. Marcia, go read the roll call thread for the 3/20 cruise. All info you want is there.

Later.

Arlene

Tony. . . sounds like you are having a great time. I'm so sorry to hear about my favorite Assistant Purser. He really deserves a promotion and I filled out a you made a difference card letting them know that. He really did make a difference in my cruise experience. Couple of questions. . . Is the Captains Quarters as large as the Grand Suite? Larger? Smaller? Also do you know what wine is used for the base of Pattamia's Sangria? It sounds lovely and I haven't made Sangria in a very long time. I think the wine makes all the difference. How 'bout the wonderful Lemoncello? Have you had more of that?

I just love viewing the behind the scenes life on board ship through your eyes. Thanks for taking us along.

The Captains Quarters on here are a bit smaller than the Grand Suite but also has a seperate office/boardroom as well.

As for Pattamia's Sangria he uses the cheapest red wine onboard which is a box 20L of Sylvester I believe.

Yes, the good Doctor actually has made the Strawberry brew instead of lemoncello on this cruise and I have an invitation to fill up a bottle when he has hours in the Medical Centre.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Hi Tony,

Just found your thread and finished reading the whole thing. I sure wish I was on board!! Hope you are all having a ball. Who are you cruising with this time? South America around the horn is definitely on my to-do list. Loved the Galapagos, but want to see more penguins:-)

Hugs,

Suzie Provo

Actually cruising with a friend Ramon from Buenos Aires and another friend Sharon from Vancouver.

You should do it next year on the Star Princess.

Tony

Tony- I Qualify For The Luncheon Just Not On Board Yet. Can't Wait!

So Dr. Secret Remedy Is Still Sangria :-) Yeah!

Arlene-thanks For The Roll Call Heads Up. Speaking Of Heads Up I Am Still Awake And It Is 6am La Time --guess I Am Still On Hong Kong Time.

Easykruz-don't Fall Of The End Of The World B-4 I Get There. Can't Wait To Hear About Your Great Tours.

What Do You Have Planned For Chili?

C-u-all-soon

Marcia

Yes, the good Doctor actually has made the Strawberry brew instead of lemoncello on this cruise and I have an invitation to fill up a bottle when he has hours in the Medical Centre.

Tony

So would that be lemoncello with strawberries instead of lemons? Sounds great. My sister & BIL make the lemoncello but it's a bit hard to swallow for me.

This is my first post to one of your threads, usually I just read behind the scenes. I started reading them from your last B2B Tahiti cruise since I'll be doing that one in July.

Love all the info.

What a treat to have several people posting with a slightly different perspective and personality. Thanks to all. Note to Easycruise: Just got back from skiing in Tahoe (Sierra cement) and stayed with relatives in Davis. Temperature in the 80' in Sacramento, trees in bloom...

Your trip is definitely on my wish list.

Arlene, how is Milt? Were you able to go ashore? I hope the rest of the cruise will be better for you. Thanks for posting live.

Sue

Milt's fine; thanks for asking. After what he packed away for lunch I hope he stays fine. :) We came back to the ship and had lunch in the diningroom.

Back aboard after 4 hours in Ushuaia, which turned out to be not too cold for us. I don't own long sleeved shirts, so just wore jeans, sneaks a short sleeved polo and a zippered lightweight sweatshirt. I carried my fleecy jacket; didn't need to wear it. Sun came out for a minute and a half. As long as it's dry and not windy it's OK with me. Shopped and shopped; probably visited every store in town. Milt is the shopper and bought a collared polo, cap and shoes. I bought chocolate. :D

Ship very quiet, but internet cafe full. Most people probably still on tours. I may break down and take a nap before going to 4:15 trivia.

Bye for now.

Arlene

Having finally found the "from the golden..." thread, i did my duty and read the whole d-mn thing. we did this itinerary last year except we ended in ft lauderdale instead of san fransisco. i think i remember we actually had slightly better weather than you are having this trip, but only slightly...

T&R: we miss you folks but am glad to be able to at least read your posts.

A&M: leave it to me. tore my right knee miniscus almost in half last week. they are operating on it tomorrow afternoon. i should be fine for our departure with the KOALAs to Sydney in less than 4 weeks. HAH! You were supposed to be on it with us! You know how we love the Pacific.

Florida weather has been ideal for the past week: 75-80 F. dry and sunny. feels almost like San Diego most of the year, or maybe Honolulu. my back is holding up. So is Ro. Both just getting over this year's flu-like infection going around-almost 3 weeks to stop coughing.

All you other nice folks, hope to see you later in the year. maybe in England or across the northern Atlantic or in the b2b2b Athens to Venice to Rome to Ft Lauderdale. Stay well and enjoy!

Murray & Ro

Hi folks,

Looks like you had a great day weather wise.

Here are a couple of shots I managed to grab from the port cam at Ushuaia today for you.One of the Golden and the other of Rotterdam.Did you see lots of lifeboats cruising around the port?Looks like the Rott was having a safety drill.

4dvobjk.jpg

402b89l.jpg

Good Evening to all you lady and fellow cruisers,

Vicky and I arrived safely back from our two tours, Railway and Ensenada Bay which we took first and afterwards the Drive to the End of the World. If you ever travel on a cruise to Ushuaia, I would recommend the End of the World drive. It travels not only to Ensenada Bay, which is beautiful in it's own right, but also through the Tierra Del Fuego National Park to the beginning of the Pan-American Highway (or end which ever you prefer). We saw so much wildlife, it was incredible, not to mention the beautiful scenary (snow covered mountains, rivers, streams, lakes, waterways etc.).

On our railway tour, I was amazed that the track gauge was only 50 cm. wide. That's right I said 50 cm. wide, unbelievable. The train looked antique in it's European style, and when the train whistle blew we felt like we were in Europe at an earlier time and place.

Enjoyed both tours but if we return we will probally take the End of the World tour again. Well it's time to say goodby for now.

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:) :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

Looks like you had a great day weather wise.

Here are a couple of shots I managed to grab from the port cam at Ushuaia today for you.One of the Golden and the other of Rotterdam.Did you see lots of lifeboats cruising around the port?Looks like the Rott was having a safety drill.

4dvobjk.jpg

402b89l.jpg

Super shots David:) , Thank you! Bill(WIWTN)

I forgot to mention that tommorrow is our Antarctica Tour, so please keep all your fingers crossed and include us in your bedtime prayers tonight for good weather and a safe journey, from and back to the ship.

Bill:)

You'll be in our thoughts & prayers!;)

Have a Great Tour to Antarctica!:D

My Best!

Bill(WIWTN):(

Archived