Application for Russian Visa

land lover

Talk about details? I have only applied for one visa before and that was for China..but the info needed was one page...... the Russian visa application is 2 pages small print and really asks for detailed info, personal and business...what other countries ask for this much info....maybe I should look at the US visa form I might be surprised:eek:

I am doing mine this weekend. I should have done it last week but got too busy.

I did the Russian Visa when I was 18 and it was just as detailed then.

Are you going through a service? I am going through ZVS.com which Amadeus recommends.

Hi All,

I was going to do it myself. I am 90 minutes by train to NYC Russian Consulate but, decided that it would be better to use Russian.visa.com. Which they advertise as $139.95 for 10 day processing. They say they are ths most cost effective (read cheapest); but I haven't not checked other services.

How does this price compare to other services?:rolleyes:

countdown.pl?name=NightFlight&date=5-23-2007%E2%84%91=panamacanal&text=&ship=Viking%20Surkov

Hi All,

I was going to do it myself. I am only 90 minute by train to NYC and the Russian Consulate there. Decided that it would be cheaper to use Russian.visa.com. $139.95 for 10 day processing. They advertise as being the most cost effective (read cheapest); but I haven't not checked other services.

countdown.pl?name=NightFlight&date=5-23-2007ℑ=panamacanal&text=&ship=Viking Surkov

Hi All,

I was going to do it myself. I am only 90 minute by train to NYC and the Russian Consulate there. Decided that it would be cheaper to use Russian.visa.com. $139.95 for 10 day processing. They advertise as being the most cost effective (read cheapest); but I haven't not checked other services.

countdown.pl?name=NightFlight&date=5-23-2007?=panamacanal&text=&ship=Viking Surkov

I think I am paying around $200 through ZVS. I live in Nebraska so having a Russian consolate nearby is not an option.

Some friends at work used another service (not sure which one) for a land trip for spring break. They paid $200 and received their Russian Visa in 7 days. ZVS told me to expect my passport to be gone for 40 days.

I think where they get us on this Russian Visa is our need for an invitation.

So it would be difficult to do it ourselves without a contact in Russia.

Looking on the web site of the company I am going through the prices are $30. higher $175. than the tour company documents...so if I do it with the tour companies paper work I'll get a reduced service fee and $5 less on the postage. Which puts my Visa at 145....return 2-3 weeks by 2-day FedEX........

140....sounds like a great price to me.....good luck

Zierer will receive my Visa items Wednesday. I will report back how long it takes to get my documents back.

I do feel naked with out my passport. If that Princess Charming comes tomorrow and wants to wisk me off to Paris for the weekend, I will have to turn him down.

Zierer will receive my Visa items Wednesday. I will report back how long it takes to get my documents back.

I do feel naked with out my passport. If that Princess Charming comes tomorrow and wants to wisk me off to Paris for the weekend, I will have to turn him down.

Just reread your post...I think you need a break from Priincess LOL

Just reread your post...I think you need a break from Priincess LOL

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I typed Princess. Yesterday was a really long day. I think Prince Charming is who I am looking for! I guess I don't type Prince too often!

I really do need a break from Princess!

I hate having my passport gone for that long!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I just wanted to post quick note that $200 seems a little bit pricey for Russian visa.

I use a small agency in San Francisco: http://www.travelvisapro.com. They're about 5 minutes walk away from the consulate. They charged me $167 for my last two trips summer trips overthere. This included return shipping, consular fee, visa support and their services. If I remember correctly they offer $10 for cruise passengers.

Hope this helps,

Marco Saville

marcosaville@yahoo.com

I used Generations Visa as recommended by Viking. The cost was $294 for 2 people. I paid the extra $30 fee for rush service as I need to travel in April. I sent the passports in on March 13 and received them yesterday - sooner than requested!

I don't like being without my passport, either...

• 1 month later...

Land Lover,

I sent our passports to Generation and paid the required fee - although it was high. I sent them about a month ago, 3 months prior to departure & received them back this week within 60 days of departure. That appears to be standard procedure. I don't care to have my passport out there, but it came back in plenty of time. So, all's well. Tennessee Traveler

• 7 months later...
I used Generations Visa as recommended by Viking. The cost was $294 for 2 people. I paid the extra $30 fee for rush service as I need to travel in April. I sent the passports in on March 13 and received them yesterday - sooner than requested!

I don't like being without my passport, either...

I got a quote of $119 fee for the service and $131 for the visa per person. That's a total o $250 each. When you quote your amount, are you talking service only or including the fee of $131 from Russian consulate?

Hi Theresa,

GCT uses PVS international..and I will be going through them. I checked out Zierer, procedure and prices are comparable....Our trips are certainly coming quick.

Enjoy

Just wondering when you are going to Russia? I am going Aug. 28th with GCT. Haven't had any info about getting VISA yet. Wonder when they will tell us about that.

Carole

• 2 weeks later...

Land Lover, if your passport isn 't about ready to expire and you are down to two blank pages, you can get extra visa pages added free. I picked up the request form from the post office and sent in the passport to get the added pages. Had it back with 24 extra pages in about 10 days.

Archived