irons

momstreat

Irons are not allowed and aren't allowed on most ships, if not all ships, due to safety concerns.

I always pack a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Remover to get out wrinkles. For badly wrinkled items, I send them to the laundry for pressing. Pressing fees are very reasonable aboard ship.

Dianne

I am leaving tomorrow on Majesty from Charleston and want to know if they allow irons on the ship.

I'm not sure about the irons, but save yourself the trouble and bring some Wrinkle Release. Works great on most things, although I wouldn't use it on silk or any other delicate material... I have used it on cashmere sweaters, and many other things without any ill effects.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy the Majesty!

Jackie

Irons are considered fire hazards in the cruise ship community. I highly suggest either using a travel steamer, Downy Wrinkle Release, or steaming up the bathroom and hanging the item on a clothes line by the shower.

The Majesty also has a laundry service. Prices are reasonable for a resort, items can be cleaned, washed, and pressed. The laundry will be returned in 24 hours.

Unfortuantely, the Majesty is an older smaller ship and does not have a self serve laundry.

Please, don't bring your iron and pack your ironing board too. It is not very wise to have to pay for damages to either the chair, couch, bed, or the carpet on the floor.

I have always been led to believe they are banned on all ships these days.

A big fire risk...too many drinks, get a bit tired, forget to turn it off..

and BURN BABY BURN!!

now where do you go if that happens at sea. you take the same risk as having lit candles and they are banned for a very good reason.

How does the Wrinkle release work with linen?

I've never had a problem with anything with it, not to say it couldn't happen. I would test it first on the inside material. The stuff is great, and worth it's weight in gold to me. Sure saves a lot of time.

Jackie

YES!

No!

While some pax in the older parts of the ship -- pre stretch -- may find ironing boards in their cabins (we discovered we had an ironing board that folded out from a desk drawer), irons are still prohibited.

Dianne

Archived