Need car service Barcelona airport hotel to port

Hi all,

Any advice for us. There is 5 of us, we are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel. Anyone stay there??? reviews???

We need a van to pick us up at the hotel, & drive us to the port.

Does anyone have any links or know of any?

Thanks

Mixed reviews of the hotel here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d602764-Reviews-Renaissance_Barcelona_Airport_Hotel-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

If you do a search on this board for 'Barcelona port' you will find lots of previous posts asking for transfer suggestions.

The taxis are plentiful and only cost €25-€30 which works out a lot cheaper than a private transfer - it only takes 25-30 minutes.

€25 = $32.80

We have reserved Aurelio with Barcelona Taxi Van for Oct 2007. He was highly recommended by several posters. You can email for info at : info@barcelonataxivan.com. I sent in the date, # of passengers and luggage. They sent back a quote. I have also seen recommendations for Angie's taxi. Info at : 33@yahoo.com. They both require payment in Euros, CASH. No credit cards.

Hope this helps, MG

We have reserved Aurelio with Barcelona Taxi Van for Oct 2007. He was highly recommended by several posters. You can email for info at : info@barcelonataxivan.com. I sent in the date, # of passengers and luggage. They sent back a quote. I have also seen recommendations for Angie's taxi. Info at : 33@yahoo.com. They both require payment in Euros, CASH. No credit cards.

Hope this helps, MG

Thank you so.......much MG. It really does help.

Patricia

I just had a little annoying experience with Angie's Taxi. I emailed here for a request for pick up at the hotel on a Sunday to the port and the following Sunday for pick up at the port to the airport. Needless to say, I gave her dates and ship.

I had to email twice for a confirmation--finally got back a confirmation, that was so wrong, a pick up of 4 adults on Saturday, July 1 (actually a Sunday) and pick up 2 adults on Thursday, July 8th (actually a Sunday).

Now I am concerned about booking her.

Any suggestions?

PurtyPat1, we used Angie's taxi, as recommended. They definitely have a van, because we were 8 going to two hotels. They provided a van and a taxi to accommodate us, and they were terrific.

Thanks longislandfamily, this is what I was hoping for,feedback's on Van service. It is my family along with 2 other families. I am responsible, for everyone. I emailed Angie's taxi this am, & awaiting for reply for reservations.

longIsland, you are my neighbor. I live in Jersey. My sister lives in Bayshore. LI is quite beautiful.

Again, thanks everyone for your much needed help. :)

Patricia

Archived