Airline E-ticket

ROCruiser

Did the search but could not find the answers I need. Please help.

Got our cruise documents couple of days ago. Questions about the airline e-ticket.

1. Do we need to do anything, or just go to the airport?

2. Do we need to call to reconfirm? Usually for other travels our TA would have already confirm the first flight out, not sure about this one.

Thanks!

Got our cruise documents couple of days ago. Questions about the airline e-ticket.

2. Do we need to call to reconfirm? Usually for other travels our TA would have already confirm the first flight out, not sure about this one.

Thanks!

You can call to confirm but mostly just show up at the airport with prper documentation. i.e. passports or drivers license. You should have a RECORD LOCATOR number that you can use for self check in at a kiosk or go to a window. Simple as that.

Thanks!

Start by going online to confirm you seats. Then all you need to do is go to the airport. Id still bring a copy of your e-tickets .. Its very simple these days. If you have e-tickets your confirmed.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to reconfirm your flight arrangements; Delta is notorious for switching flights and times.

All you need is your photo ID and your e-ticket and you're set. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Once you have your frequent flyer number on your record, you can check online daily, and change seats constantly. Even you do not fly much, you should still do this.

And YES - flights change often. Check yourself. Do you rely on a TA, the airlines or even your Mother to check for you.

Wow! Thanks everyone for the info. I guess I should sign up for the frequent flier thing even though I don't fly United that often. I did call United today and the lady said we are confirmed both ways, but our seats were not assigned so she helped us assign our seats flying out but she said all the seats that are left are all scattered on the flight back. She said she will put down "request for seats together" and see what happens when we check in. When I looked at the seating chart on line, there were only 2 seats left, and we have three people! She said the airlines blocked off certain seats and that's why she will put down the request. Am I going to have a problem?

Now I know I should check periodically to see if the flight has change. It would be a big problem if they delay. We are flying out on the day of departure! Yike!:eek:

Will you have a problem? Not really. There is fair chance that you might not get seats together. But, you do get to CRUISE together, right?

Keep checking the online seats, sometimes things open up when plans change for somebody else, of others get upgrades leaving seats open. Some people say you should grab whatever seats you can online, then move when you need to. Others say showing up at the airport means they have to assign you seats then vs. their saying "you already have seats, sorry they are not together".

Personally I would grab what you can. If any aisle or window seats open up, grab for sure. You can always trade off those seats to somebody in a middle that might be next to another member of your party.

In any event, you will get there.

Archived