Changed to #1400, corner aft on Freedom, was that a mistake?

Had a side D1 on May 13 sailing of Freedom and just changed to the corner aft #1400, wasn't my idea to change :cool: , I like to see where we're going. My family has all but 2 of these afts booked (partly the reason we changed). Has anyone stayed in this cabin or #1700? These 2 rooms are very unique, they are not set-up like standard D1's, if the couch is pulled out to a bed can you get out to the balcony or can you switch the couch and chair around?

DH and I are in #1400 on 12/9 and I am curious about the sun situation. There seems to be quite an overhang from Windjammer...

Any aft is fine with me!

Sam :D

Had a side D1 on May 13 sailing of Freedom and just changed to the corner aft #1400, wasn't my idea to change :cool: , I like to see where we're going. My family has all but 2 of these afts booked (partly the reason we changed). Has anyone stayed in this cabin or #1700? These 2 rooms are very unique, they are not set-up like standard D1's, if the couch is pulled out to a bed can you get out to the balcony or can you switch the couch and chair around?

I have sailed in 1688 (same as 1700 but on Voyager-class) many times and I absolutely LOVE it! I will be in 1700 on Freedom in about 4 weeks. It should be the same on Freedom as it is on Voyager-class ships. The cabin is awesome! It is nearly as large as a Junior Suite. There is plenty of room to get around the sofabed even when it is in the open position! My favorite part of sailing in an aft cabin is the amazing view of the wake. I love watching all the beautiful colors of blue that are churned up. At night when the moon shines down, the wake seems to glisten like diamonds. You also don't have to worry that you are missing the view like you might being in a side cabin and not knowing what the other side of the ship is viewing. From the aft you see it all as you pass it! Sailing away from each port is incredible from the aft balcony too! Also, the deck 10 aft/corner balconies I've had were about 1/2 sunny and 1/2 shady most of the time. It was perfect for us. I could sit in the sun while hubby sat in the shade with a good book, but we were still side by side! As I said before, deck 10 aft/corner is my favorite location!

I've been on both the Mariner and the Freedom, aft corner cabins. We had 1400 on the Freedom and 1688 on the Mariner. The cabins are the same. You will have no problems getting around the sofa bed. 1400 is wider than a normal D1 cabin. The balcony on the Freedom was not as nice as on the Mariner. A little more overhang, but that being said it was still a great balcony. The views are awesome from the aft.

I'd like to again, thank Bonnie Voyager for putting me onto these aft cabins.

Rollie

Archived