~Deciding When to Book Again? ~ Ever Thought About With Fellow CCers?~

Randy & Carmen

Hey All.......I just came from the Group discussion board looking around seeing so many trying to start a group....You know, it's great to get a CC group going yourself or you could just go check out our groups already listed and join one.....It is so much fun to chat here on the boards with your fellow CCers and then go sail with them....Sooooo look at the top of one of these CC pages and find "member cruises".....click and check out all the CC Groups already formed and see if it will fit your schedule.:D

Booked a CC group cruise in June, Randy! Got a great deal and the itinerary I like. I've never done this before, and thought I'd try it out. The good news is that we got a great price for a balcony cabin, and I've made a lot of new friends on that group! The bad news is that the cruise is over a year away. I work part-time as a TA, and can often get great deals, but decided to join a CC group cruise. I'm glad I did. It will be a new experience for me, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I was just this morning checking that area out (I checked it also before I booked the Legend for Xmas). Was trying to see anything for the week of October 15/16 2005. So I actually started thinking about trying to start my own little group cruise :)

Now, just picking a cruise I want to go on and hoping others want to join in!

Do you know how many I have to have that are interested before I can turn it into a "group" :)

Thanks!

Group cruises are fine but when they cannot guarantee the lowest rate it can be a double edge sword. I was on the Conquestador cruise this past January and I was thankful that we had our rates lowered 1 time during the year, but we could have gotten the cruise for cheaper as sailing time came closer.

I also looked at the Partea Pirates cruise coming up and I ended up getting a better rate so I opted not to go with the group. I finally ended up cancelling that cruise and I booked it a few weeks earlier as the airfares for that week look terrible.

Steve

Do you know how many I have to have that are interested before I can turn it into a "group" :)

Thanks!

Hey Wicked........just get a handful and it will grow...You might want to go to the "groups discussion" board and post a thread seeing if there is an interest.....If there is, then get in touch with Laura and you can set it up on here and promote away....People join in on the CC groups because they are just too fun!:D ..Good luck...let me know if I can help.;)

..Some relatively new groups aren't up on the Group Board either! I am hosting a Cruise Critic group to Alaska next JUNE 4 aboard the beautiful Diamond Princess sailing roundtrip from Seattle! For more information check out the top thread on the Princess Cruises board or follow the link below for booking information.. and feel free to email me at carocruiser@aol.com:D

I would love to go on a CC group cruise, but none of them fit my schedule yet......... maybe someday....... :(

Looks like you cruise in April ......just what IS your schedule?.....PLUS....ever thought of putting your OWN CC group together on YOUR schedule?:D

I will be going on my FIRST CC GROUP CRUISE NEXT MONTH!!!!!!! I can't wait. I know it is going to be so much fun, I have already booked another CC Group Cruise for 2005!!!! Btw, we got fantastic rates on both...next month is my first balcony!

Marie

Group cruising is definitely the way to go. (Valor Voyagers) There are cruise critic groups formed for all different ships, different times of the year, and going on all different itineraries. (Carnival Valor, Western Caribbean, June 12, 2005) They have great pricing and amenities. ($150 shipboard credit) It is a great opportunity to meet fellow cruise critic members and form friendships that will last well beyond your cruise. (Lots of fun and good times) Plus if you book early enough you can usually put down a lower deposit, which makes saving up for the cruise much easier. (Valor Voyagers $25 deposit offer ends 8/27/04!)

How did you like my subliminal messages??? :p :D Just click on the link in my signature for all the details, or click on Member Cruises on the toolbar at the top of the page.

I was just this morning checking that area out (I checked it also before I booked the Legend for Xmas). Was trying to see anything for the week of October 15/16 2005. So I actually started thinking about trying to start my own little group cruise :)

Now, just picking a cruise I want to go on and hoping others want to join in!

Thanks!

Hi, Wicked, that would be great. Also, I have a CC group cruise already formed for Oct. 16, 2005. It's not a Carnival ship, but it's a beautiful ship with quite a lot to keep you busy. I was on it in Jan. and loved it. We'd love to have you join us!

Archived