Costa cruise for rambunctious 5 YO????

msboo18

I'm trying to convince my brother & family to come on a Costa cruise with us - they have an 8 year old son and a 5 year old son - they are concerned about the 5 year old - that he might jump overboard - he's very "rambunctious" and still in his terrible 2 stage - any sugguestions or ideas or should I give up?????? They don't travel much and are afraid they would spend the whole chasing and worrying....

Well normally I say "Oh don't worry, they'll have a great time". But this time, it seems like the parents might REALLY have a problem with the child and won't be able to relax at all on this trip.

And I could be TOTALLY wrong here so you'll have to forgive me but is Costa a cruiseline that really caters to young children? Everything I have seen about Costa has urged adults to use it to get away from children.

I love to travel with children. I travel with mine and we are taking 14 with us on our trip in August (it's a mom's group). So I think any child can cruise. They just may need to try the right cruiseline.

At 5 he shouldn't be out of control for heaven's sake. If he is in the "terrible" stage- then there is something amiss. I raised two boys and they were just adorable at 5, as were their buddies. Rambunctious is normal "terrible" is not.

The wife and I are about to take our 2nd Costa cruise with kids and 3rd overall. The first Costa cruise with kids was 2 years ago when the youngest were 7 and 9. The Kids club was well organized and we had no problems with our kids going to the kids club on the days at sea. Unless you are traveling during a holiday, spring break, summer, etc, you will find that most of the passengers are adults without kids, but the kids club is still active even on those cruises. The wife and I were on the Mediterranea in Feb on an anniversary crusie, and saw many kids. Some with parents, some with the kids program directors. They all looked like they were having a blast.

In responding I have to also ask about the adjective you choose to describe this kid, "rambunctious". If the child is undisciplined, then he might not last very long in the kids club and would be best staying with parents.

Archived