While we are on the subject to tipping today……

TRadle

When we order drinks from room service there is a tip included on the check. I’ve been wondering if that tip is for the bartender who made the drinks or the person who brings them to the cabin. :confused:

Thanks!!

I know you can tip your bartender extra but isn't the tip included in the price of all drinks? I'm not sure why there is a tip showing on your bill. As for room service you should tip them no matter what they deliver and I keep a large pile of small bills close by so I can grab them quickly for room service. :)

There is a 15% service charge (tip) on every drink bill. It does not go to the bartender who made the drink, it goes into the tip pool. If you ordered the drinks from room service, tip the delivery person whatever you feel is appropriate.

P.S. Anyone have any idea on how much of the 15% actually makes it to the crew? My guess is two thirds of it.

I know you can tip your bartender extra but isn't the tip included in the price of all drinks? I'm not sure why there is a tip showing on your bill. As for room service you should tip them no matter what they deliver and I keep a large pile of small bills close by so I can grab them quickly for room service. :)

Yes, the persons that delivers should always get a tip. We brought about 40 in singles for our last 9 day. They came in handy for tipping on the ship as well as off the ship. Have a great cruise.

Archived