Voyager Class Family Suite

We are a family of 7 (grandmother, aunt, mother/father w/3 kids) interested in booking a Royal Family Suite on the Voyager. Any advice? Is it large enough to be comfortable, or will everyone be cramped.]? What are the differences in the 2 bedrooms (size, amenities)? Are we better of taking separate rooms as we have done in the past on other lines? Being in the aft. of the ship is there much vibration? How is the view from the balcony? I have read that many of the aft. balconies look out on the crew deck or steel obstructions. Sorry, but I need some feedback ASAP as we need to make our reservation ASAP. Thanks!

Steve in NJ

PS: On which deck will the balcony be open to the sun?

Sorry, but I have another question. Looking at the 360 degree view on the RCCL site, it does not look like these rooms give alot of privacy. They seem open with only French doors to the bedrooms. Are there also drapes? Do both bedrooms have doors as you cannot see one of the bedrooms from the pictures. Thanks!

Hi ~ We stayed in the Royal Family Suite on the Adventure of the Seas this past January. We are basically 7 adults ranging from 21 - 57. My husband & I stayed in the master bedroom, 2 slept on the sofa bed and 3 in the smaller bedroom. We were very surprised how comfortable we all were! The master bedroom had its own bath with a tub. The storgage throughout the room was plentiful. Now, just so you know 5 of the 7 were female and we all had room for ALL of our clothes and we never really had to wait for the bathroom or shower. The master bedroom does have sliding french doors but there are drapes to for privacy. The balcony has some obstruction, but.....it was huge!!!! and the sites were beautiful. Yes, there was more vibration than mid-ship, but it wasn't annoying. If you have any other questions, please ask away. My e-mail is micki28@hotmail.com......happy sailing :D

we were on deck 8 and had both sun & shade depending on the time of day and how we docked in port! They do wash the ship while in port so when you come back to your balcony, you may think it rained when actually it was just washed!!! We loved the room !!!

Hi ~ We stayed in the Royal Family Suite on the Adventure of the Seas this past January. We are basically 7 adults ranging from 21 - 57. My husband & I stayed in the master bedroom, 2 slept on the sofa bed and 3 in the smaller bedroom. We were very surprised how comfortable we all were! The master bedroom had its own bath with a tub. The storgage throughout the room was plentiful. Now, just so you know 5 of the 7 were female and we all had room for ALL of our clothes and we never really had to wait for the bathroom or shower. The master bedroom does have sliding french doors but there are drapes to for privacy. The balcony has some obstruction, but.....it was huge!!!! and the sites were beautiful. Yes, there was more vibration than mid-ship, but it wasn't annoying. If you have any other questions, please ask away. My e-mail is micki28@hotmail.com......happy sailing :D

What were the sleeping accomodations in the 2nd bedroom? There are 2 full bathrooms? Was the pullout sofa comfortable for 2 adults?

Hi there ~ the 2nd bedroom sleeps four. They have 2 pull down beds from the ceiling and are very comfortble. It has a regular door and no drapes are needed, once you close the door its like having an inside cabin - no window. I actually slept on the sofa bed one night and it was very comfortable. The bathrooms are a good size. The master bath has a full tub & shower and the 2nd bath has a shower stall. Both bathrooms have lots of storage. It's nice to have a tub/shower, not all rooms have tubs! The suite has a huge walk in closet in the hallway and the master bedroom has SO MUCH storage space. There is room for everything you bring and/or purchase. There are 3 tv's, one in the living room and one in the master bedroom, as well as a DVD player and surround sound music. There is a safe for valuables and a fridge for left overs. Happy Sailing :D

Archived