Upgrading after final payment...

tgmtgm

Does anyone have experience in paying for an upgrade after final payment? Here's my dilema- I booked a cruisecritic group cruise to hawaii(Spirit 4/15/07). The pricing for a 1A single cabin was $1449. Carnival now has oceanview grtys. priced at $1609 single. I would gladly pay the additional amount in order to get an outside cabin.(when I first booked, the price for a single OV grty. was over $2100.) Will Carnival charge me a change fee? I know that I probably will lose the incentives that came with booking with the group, but I can live with that. I plan on calling the agent handling the group on Monday, but thought I would ask for some feedback first. Thanks!

Tony.

How long ago was final payment made?

Since you booked with the group you have to go through the agent.

He probably gave back the rest of the group space.

But upgrading shouldnt be an issue. What can happen--

you will have to cancel your booking and pay the cancellation fee.

then rebook.

What will you be losing in terms of the group booking amenities.

It wont hurt to ask.

We sailed on Fantasy last month with our daughter and her husband. We had a Cat 11 and had booked DD an OV. We had already made our final payment when we decided to upgrade DD's room to a Cat 11 also. When I called our TA I found out our tickets had already been issued. She said it was still no trouble to upgrade. In fact she called me back with great news; the rates had gone down. We not only got our daughter's room at the new rate but Carnival gave us an On Board Credit for the difference in the rate we paid for our cabin.

Your's may be a little different because of the group thing but hopefully everything will turn out as well for you as it did for us!

Archived