Drinking Water

sk8teacher

How is the drinking water onboard Viking ships? Decent or should we plan on buying bottled? Never worried about it on ocean cruise ships as I am very familiar with how they make it. Not familiar though with European river boats.

thanks!

We were on the Viking Burgundy last year and we drank the water. Never bothered with bottled water until we got off the boat. Used the water from the bathroom tap to consume on a regular basis. Also water was served with meals in the dining room.

I tested water for a living for 20+ years, so I am very careful what I consume.

Sharon

If you are comfortable with drinking tap water in most European cities, you are fine drinking the tap water on a river cruise ship in Europe, too.

I can only confirm that by far, most river cruise ships simply take the city water from their ports of call.

If you feel that saving a few dollars is worth the risk, and possibly the inconvenience of missing some of the major features of your cruise, go for it.

As far as I go, I always take bottled water. The cost is far too low and the risk is simply too high.

EURiverCruiser

Just one more thing,

you have to pay a deposit of 25c (EUR) for bottled water in Germany. And some bottles you can only return where you bought them. The system is too complicated to understand for a non-native (even we don´t understand it). So drink tap water in Germany (it´s the most highly controlled food item in Germany and really good).

steamboats

Thanks everyone for the information. We are doing an Amsterdam to Amsterdam round trip, and staying within the Netherlands the whole time. The wife drinks a lot of water so I suspect that we will purchase a couple of bottles to take ashore with us and simply refill them as needed.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Archived