NOS Mar.3-10 a few comments

We have sailed twice before during spring break with no problems, but never again. Not RCI's fault. They can't have security everywhere. Just our bad luck that 4 cabins near our aft deck 9 balcony were occupied by very rude and very noisy 20-somethings. They all congregated in the aft hallway between 2:30 and 5:00 AM and spent at least an hour screaming and yelling at each other. Security was called 3 times and each time shut them up. But nothing kept them from doing it the next night. Several pax in the Concierge Lounge mentioned the loud and rude behavior that they also had observed. On the plus side, the Navigator is just as gorgeous as ever. Several crew memebers recognized us from our 2004 and 2005 fall back-to-backs. Crew service is always friendly and outstanding. Alas, Capt. Sulliivan, whom we looked forward to seeing again, was on a one week seminar! Bummer. The concierge, Carlos, is very plesant and takes his responsibilites very seriously. He was quite overworked with the large crowds every evening. They really should rearrange the lounge so that several more chairs could be brought in. A new menu was served in lieu of Caribbean Night, called "Get Out There". I don't remeber all the offereings, but it was not nearly as interesting to us as the Caribbean menu. No jerk chicken. No banana cream pie. The two entrees we tried were disappointing to say the least. "Parmesean crusted" turkey cutlets turned out to be heavily breaded with a touch pareseam on top. Both the turkey and the tilapia were too salty. We will opt for the WJ when next we see this menu. I used my free JR's coupon for onion rings and got a real kick out of the waiters performance to "Stayin' Alive". Shrimp salad sandwiches were served in the Promenade Cafe on the last day. Yummy! I believe the coupons for Vintages were new. I don't remember ever getting them before. There was a very good deal with buy one glass of wine and get 75% off the second. This meant 2 GOOD glasses of chardonnay for a total with gratuity of $11.14 as oppposed to buying 2 of the poor Terra house brand and paying $6.33 each. There is also a coupon for percent off second wine flight, but don't remeber how much as we didn't use it. (these are Diamond coupons). We had beutiful weather the first 2 days, with very calm seas. So Labadee was great. Ocho Rios rained all morning off and on and wasn't very warm. Grand Cayman and Coz were cloudy in the mornings, but cleared some in the afternoons. We enjoyed some aspects of the cruise as usual, but look forward to sailing NOS again without the spring breakers!

Would love to hear more about your trip. We were booked for this cruise but had to cancel 2 days prior to sailing due to a family health emergency.

I think I had read somewhere that the menus were going to be Trans-Fat free as of March 1st. Did you hear anything about this?

Heard nothing about trans-fat free on this cruise,though I have read somewhere that it is going to happen. The new bedding is GREAT! We were treated to the Beatles review group "Rain", whom I had seen before. They are fantastic. You could swear they are the real thing. Ice show is always good. I've seen both production shows before and much prefer "Now and Forever" to "All Access". I think the crew on NOS is just so friendly and eager to please.

Archived