on board credit from the travel agent

suying

My internet TA has promised some on-board credit when we book with her, as stated in the receipt. But after I paid deposit, she became very slow in the service. I have emailed and called her to have some change of room assignment for several days but still she had not done it.

She promised to put on-board credit only several days before sailing. But with her poor service and ignorance of my request, I have a feeling she will just ignore our sailing and may not give on-board credit as promised. I do not want to be in the cruise emailing or calling the TA for missing on-board credit:confused:

So when do other TA give on board credit and how do you make sure the on board credit given to you as promised? Should I fire her and change to other TA?:confused:

wow, that depends on the agency and your agent. Some agents offer OBC but they are really coming directly from the cruiseline. If this is the case your invoice would read price includes OBC> When, I personally give one, which I do from time to time, I will send a letter with the invoice attached. In the letter, along with reminding the passengers of what they need for ID, dress code, information on insurance etc I mention the amount of the OBC> I guess everyone does it their own way.

Let's hope everything works out for you. I am sure it will, NMNIta

My internet TA has promised some on-board credit when we book with her, as stated in the receipt. But after I paid deposit, she became very slow in the service. I have emailed and called her to have some change of room assignment for several days but still she had not done it.

She promised to put on-board credit only several days before sailing. But with her poor service and ignorance of my request, I have a feeling she will just ignore our sailing and may not give on-board credit as promised. I do not want to be in the cruise emailing or calling the TA for missing on-board credit:confused:

So when do other TA give on board credit and how do you make sure the on board credit given to you as promised? Should I fire her and change to other TA?:confused:

On my last cruise in December, my TA contacted me the week prior to let me know that my OBC had been handled. Sure enough, when first entering my cabin there was a note from RCI stating the amount of my OBC and the travel agencies name. Just make sure that you keep your paperwork showing the promised OBC and if she doesn't follow through then take it up with her supervisor upon returning home.

Archived