Flip Flops are everywhere

nugrammy

pg...No "fashion police" here just a nice group of posters who are expressing their personal opinion/answer to the OP's question..I envy anyone who can actually wear thongs as flip flops used to be called...to me it is toe torture at its best... and I still think flip flops are not for the dining room :D

rkersdad,

I fell out of my seat reading your post, not the first bit, but when I looked at your screen name,... I don't think I want to see anyones "dad" in high heels announcing their beauty!!! LOLOLOL

Gee I sure hope "rykersMOM" doesn't mind what rkyersdad does,,, maybe they share! LOL

Just joking rykerdad, I believe you can wear what ever you want to the dining room ! ;)

A 2 page thread on flip flops. Don't you people have something better to do with your time?

DON

Evidently, it was worth your time as well. If you think this is frivolous, don't bother checking out the multi-page thread on mascara.

A 2 page thread on flip flops. Don't you people have something better to do with your time?

DON

Well Don the only thing sillier then participating in a two page thread about flip flops , is reading and comenting on such, when one evidently holds no opinion/experience on subject matter ...

Evidently, it was worth your time as well. If you think this is frivolous, don't bother checking out the multi-page thread on mascara.

Mascara Favorite?

from

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=311911&highlight=mascara

Guilt-free mascara for men. There's a worthy goal.

from

http://www.homebiztools.com/men.htm

These postings have been cracking me up! But I would like to make a point. I am 5'8" and wear a size 11.5 shoe. I can wear a few 11's, but mostly have to wear 12's. They don't make a lot of sandals or dress shoes to fit(most stop at size 10), so I have to wear flip flops. I do have a few Old Navy pair that I just love and wear them to church, but I will be looking this summer for some dressier ones to wear to dinner. I bought a pair of 11 sandals last summer thinking they would fit okay, but ended up being too small that my feet were hanging over on all the sides and I kept walking right out of them! They were sooo uncomfortable. Definatly not the shoes to take with you on a ship! And remember that when the flip flops are broken in, they loose their clacking sound because they are formed to the foot. Most of the clacking happens when the flip flops are brand new. Mine are that way....

So I am totally up for wearing flip flops to dinner.

These postings have been cracking me up! But I would like to make a point. I am 5'8" and wear a size 11.5 shoe.

Online Stores with Larger Women's Shoes

Walk into most shoe stores, and you're lucky to find any women's shoe larger than a size 10 - and the retailers that do carry large-sized women's shoes find them selling out faster than ever before.

from

http://shoes.about.com/od/womens/a/large.htm

11.5w 11.5ww 12w 12ww 12.5w 12.5ww 13w 13ww 14w 14ww.

from

http://www.womenshoesplus.com/

Amen, if they are good enough for God they ARE good enough for dinner! LOL

God wears flipflops?

I sure hope the ladies who have to wear orthopedic shoes don't get any dirty looks from the shoe fashion police, because that is mean. I mean its not like they wear a sign saying " please don't hate me because my shoes are ugly I can't wear really stylish shoes" LOL

What on earth gave you the idea someone would make fun of your shoes? This is a fashion forum and the only reason someone's shoes are being discussed is because that someone asked.

Online Stores with Larger Women's Shoes

Walk into most shoe stores, and you're lucky to find any women's shoe larger than a size 10 - and the retailers that do carry large-sized women's shoes find them selling out faster than ever before.

from

http://shoes.about.com/od/womens/a/large.htm

11.5w 11.5ww 12w 12ww 12.5w 12.5ww 13w 13ww 14w 14ww.

from

http://www.womenshoesplus.com/

Yes, I order all my shoes online. I have given up trying to find them in the store. I wear an 11.5 medium width, the wide withs are too big for me. Lady Foot Locker is starting to carry some larger sizes but not in the styles that I like. I will check out those other sites though, thanks!

I don't wear orthopedics, so I wasn't referring to my shoes but to the "ladies who do" as I posted. I meant that some posters should not be quite so judgemental in regards to appearences. I agree this is a "fashion" board, but I think there is a group of people who's idea of fashion is a lot more stringent then others..

I also did not say " God wears flip flops" I said that they are "good enough for God" ( so yes, you can wear them to church) , because I believe God sees the person only , not the fashion, style, price or color of our clothes.

I also have just gone and packed some stylish "flip flops", I plan to wear them for lunches, and possibly for a few dinners, I did pack about 6 other pairs of shoes and sandals so I have lots of choices..

I do wish I could post pictures, I think some of us are miscommunicating on what we consider beach flops and what would be perfectly acceptable for a dressier evening.

rkersdad,

I fell out of my seat reading your post, not the first bit, but when I looked at your screen name,... I don't think I want to see anyones "dad" in high heels announcing their beauty!!! LOLOLOL

Darn it... why is everyone distn rykersdad, when Derf is allowed to prance all over the fashion boards??? He even has his and Derfettes pic posted!! Then there's Gordonchick.. duh who names a chick Gordon?? Oh, Ok that's Carmen, and she's Gordon's chick!!

........ :) only kidding:) ........ rykersmom was too close to something else, so everyone relaxxxx it's politically correct that I'm on the fashion boards!!!!:D

And Gordonchick.. you're right, why did the poster bother reading??? Hmmm:rolleyes:

I have a beautiful pair of flip flops and will be wearing them in Europe. They have class glitz and are the perfect little foot number:D Yes, I will don them to the dining room, and will hope the heads turn there also.:rolleyes:

They are black, small heel and bling across the toe.

They are not rubber flat, worn down at the back heel, and don't have gum stuck to the bottom, didn't cost $1.99 at Walmart and don't make a slapping noise when you walk like flip flops do:D

I need to get a life and come out of retirement...by def'n Q of Screen those are not Ye Olde Flip Flops!! As Wiki says:flip-flops are a kind of flat, backless sandal that consist of a flat sole held on the foot by a u-shaped strap that passes between the first (big) and second toes and around either side of the foot. They appear to have been developed out of traditional Japanese woven or wooden soled sandals A flat sole.:D

One typo... get over it. Seriously, you don't have to be so rude. I'm just saying that people shouldn't care so much about what other people wear then maybe people wouldn't be so worried about what is and isn't acceptable.

This is a fashion board. We all post because we DO care what others are wearing and the OP is the one who asked whether or not flipflops were acceptable.

Archived