CB aft suite

Jesterscourt

I realize this is a redundant topic but I still don't have a clear understanding of the balcony situation. We are fortunate to be booked in one of the Caribe Deck's premium suites on the very back of the ship. Are the balconies still exposed or semi-private there as well? In other words, can some karaoke singer from Fusion watch me sun bathe in my underwear? (exaggeration, but you get my point)

I realize this is a redundant topic but I still don't have a clear understanding of the balcony situation. We are fortunate to be booked in one of the Caribe Deck's premium suites on the very back of the ship. Are the balconies still exposed or semi-private there as well? In other words, can some karaoke singer from Fusion watch me sun bathe in my underwear? (exaggeration, but you get my point)

Totally private from above,however your next door neighbor can look around the cabin divider.

We had PS C748 on the CB in December.

Balcony completely private (and good sized). As someone said, your neighbor could peek around the divider if he wanted to, but frankly, we wondered if the cabin next door was even occupied because we never heard or saw anyone or anything.

However, because of the way the balcony is set on the aft end of the ship, you won't do too much sunbathing there.

As far as vibration, we never noticed it.

Is there a lot of vibration in these rooms? For example, pulling into to port and you think there's an earthquake going on? That was the only reason I didn't book one.

We never noticed any additional vibration but it can get loud back there if the ship is really moving.

However, because of the way the balcony is set on the aft end of the ship, you won't do too much sunbathing there.

why is that?

We had C753 and thought it perfect. No lounge chair out there.

are the suite balconies different. (I never looked next door to see either)

why is that?

We had C753 and thought it perfect. No lounge chair out there.

are the suite balconies different. (I never looked next door to see either)

Because the balcony is completely covered, in order to get much direct sun, the sun has to be pretty low in the sky and the ship has to be headed away from it.

Not a problem for us, but if your goal is a lot of direct sun exposure, I don't think the balcony is where you are going to get it.

Because the balcony is completely covered, in order to get much direct sun, the sun has to be pretty low in the sky and the ship has to be headed away from it.

Not a problem for us, but if your goal is a lot of direct sun exposure, I don't think the balcony is where you are going to get it.

ah, thats the truth-- to get sun I had to sit VERY close to the rail.

I jsut

Sorry if this post isn't following the thread but I had to ask: why is the Caribbean Princess referred to as the CB and not as the CP?

I believe CP was already in use when the Caribbean Princess was cristened. Here's what I just found on google about the Princess ship designations:

Officially, all the Princess ships have two letter designations, which are frequently used on these boards instead of typing out the entire name. However, there are a lot of ships that start with "C"-Crown, Caribbean, Coral; which can lead to confusion.

The official designators are:

CB - Caribbean Princess

CO - Coral Princess

CP - Sea Princess

DI - Diamond Princess

NP - Golden Princess

AP - Grand Princess

SA - Sapphire Princess

TP - Star Princess

DP - Dawn Princess

IP - Island Princess

SP - Sun Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

GP - Regal Princess

RP - Royal Princess

TA - Tahitian Princess

These are photos (not mine) of Crown, which should be identical (or very similar) to the CB. You can see the pictures of the aft balcony.

http://community.webshots.com/album/552216696fvzkEt

Here's a photo (not mine) of the CB aft balconies.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2810819980087446912sUPeKM

Archived