Need help comparing FV #8181 & #9156 on Constellation

4totravel

We just booked FV cabin #9156 on the Constellation. We've stayed in FV#8181 before and enjoyed the HUGE balcony. Is the balcony in #9156 as big? Also, #9156 is right below a public deck, is there going to be much noise from above?

Deck 9 FV balcony will be slightly less deep than the one you had on Deck 8--still plenty big though.

They have been scattered postings about some noise from the public deck above affecting the Deck 9 FVs. For that reason we avoid Deck 9 if given a choice. But if the Deck 9 FVs were the only ones left, I would not hesitate to book it.

I don't know exactly how much shorter it is. I measured our 8166 FV balcony divider to be 20 ft deep. This does not include the length of that bathtub balcony that protrudes out even further. The Deck 9 FV is going to a few feet shorter but still will be plenty big.

Like I said, I wouldn't hesitate to book your deck 9 FV as it is a wonderful cabin and it is on the coveted corner--so I don't want you to unnecessarily worry about it. You can always waitlist for an FV on a lower deck but make sure that it is a corner FV (for the bigger balcony ans slightly larger cabin).

The picture is not misleading if (as Phil mentions) you judge the balcony depth by looking at the length of the translucent balcony dividers (or partitions).

We have stayed in both 8181 and 9156. The difference in balconey is so small you probably won't notice it. What is different in 9156 is that the wall is steel all the way around the balconey. There is no small window up against the balconey divider outside wall like in 8181. Also 9156, you can hear the chairs being moved around all day and there is a very popular corner table that is always occuppied right above you. While the noise did not bother us be aware of it. 9156 is still agreat corner FV and I would stay in it again!!!

I knew I probably would hear some table movement, but I doubt that it will be going on in the middle of the night.

wv4891: In 4 weeks, we will join you in the #8181 & #9156 club.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.

I knew I probably would hear some table movement, but I doubt that it will be going on in the middle of the night.

wv4891: In 4 weeks, we will join you in the #8181 & #9156 club.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.

Nice picture of the aft of the ship don't you think? I have it on my desk top now. We are in the same type cabin right below you on deck 7

Astrid

• 8 months later...

I just called my TA and had her switch us from 8181 to 9156. I know there may be more noise, but we are doing South America BA to Santiago, and there will be a lot more happening on the starboard than the port side. I'll report back if anyone cares about the noise level. Most port days we will be up at o'dark thirty so morning noise shouldn't be a big issue.

It's still an FV, still a corner and on the side we wanted. DH and DD are ecstatic!

Carry on!

Liz

Archived