Just back from Splendour yesterday...

Anyone have any questions???

Chocolate buffet?? Yes at midnight and it was unbelievable, the work they put into it..A 4 ft statue of liberty made out of white chocolate..amazing..

Weather was perfect, seas were calm...Docked at Cozumel..Yeah :D ..

Formal night...everything from khaki's with sport jackets to tuxes..

Women...everything from nice slacks with dressy tops to cocktail dresses, etc..

Very clean ship...very nice staff... (Standouts..Michelle at Schooner bar...

Dairo and his asst waitress in dining room-table 99).

Shows were nice...went to Dancing through the movies..kind of cheesy but still nice...and the Gauchos from Argentina...very interesting and fun show..

We had a balcony room. LOVED it!! (7116). Also saw dolphins in the water while we were docked in Galveston..that was neat.

Anyone have any questions???

Chocolate buffet?? Yes at midnight and it was unbelievable, the work they put into it..A 4 ft statue of liberty made out of white chocolate..amazing..

Weather was perfect, seas were calm...Docked at Cozumel..Yeah :D ..

Formal night...everything from khaki's with sport jackets to tuxes..

Women...everything from nice slacks with dressy tops to cocktail dresses, etc..

Very clean ship...very nice staff... (Standouts..Michelle at Schooner bar...

Dairo and his asst waitress in dining room-table 99).

Shows were nice...went to Dancing through the movies..kind of cheesy but still nice...and the Gauchos from Argentina...very interesting and fun show..

We had a balcony room. LOVED it!! (7116). Also saw dolphins in the water while we were docked in Galveston..that was neat.

My mom and I had a great time too! I thought about you after getting on the ship and realized i had no way of finding you, lol! We saw dolphins in Galveston too, and I also saw one on the last sea day on the way back!! My mom and I went to the scrapbook class and it was fun, but Felix, the guy doing the class, was a RIOT! We had a good time and it was very relaxing. We had an aft cabin on the 6th floor and the view was amazing! How about that storm when we docked in Galveston?:eek: We saw the opening show and the dancing through the movies but skipped the others.

Sheri

Did you notice whether the golf and the climbing wall were mainly open. We're travelling on Splendour in the summer with friends and 4 kids between us. When we travelled on Carnival Triumph last year the slide - big attraction for the kids - seemed to be closed more than it was open. They usually blamed the weather but it seemed to us they just didn't want to staff it :rolleyes:

We will be sailing Splendour next week. This will be our first cruise.:) I dont know if you can answer this or not but we have early seating and just wondering if that means we will miss eating in the dining room first night because of sail away. Thanks.

Any discussion on board about what RCI will be sending Galveston post April 08??

A sad note about the Dolphins here..

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070312_ac_dolphins.5cc6ab1.html

It is only about the past 5-7 years that the number of Dolphins have really increased...I used to cross the ferry several times a summer,and never see any....rarely behind a shrimp boat on Bolivar ....Now we see several pods of them while crossing...Hope we don't loose them all:(

We will be sailing Splendour next week. This will be our first cruise.:) I dont know if you can answer this or not but we have early seating and just wondering if that means we will miss eating in the dining room first night because of sail away. Thanks.

I think that early dining is at 6:30pm and your sail away is probably 5pm so you should be ok!

Sheri

Did you notice whether the golf and the climbing wall were mainly open. We're travelling on Splendour in the summer with friends and 4 kids between us. When we travelled on Carnival Triumph last year the slide - big attraction for the kids - seemed to be closed more than it was open. They usually blamed the weather but it seemed to us they just didn't want to staff it :rolleyes:

On all the RCCL ships we've sailed, the mini golf is a self-serve type of thing. They have the clubs, balls and scorecards out all the time. I've never seen it closed.

The rock walls are sometimes closed due to wind... I'm not sure how often... maybe someone else can be more help with that.

We were on the 4 night cruise...

** miniature golf was always open...

**rock wall was closed at certain times of the day..would be open several different times throughout the day though..just check times with them..

** chocolate buffet was only 1 night..Viewing/pictures from 11:30-midnight...then ravaging at 12:15. :o

** sailaway is at 5...your early dinner seating is at 6:30.

** no menu pics...some things they had were..

appetizers...shrimp cocktail, lobster bisque, caesar salad, exotic fruits, onion tarts..many other things...

dinners....filet of beef, salmon, no lobster, angus sirloin an alternative choice every night, I forget what else...

desserts...cheesecakes, chocolate desserts, banana bailey souffle, etc..

(you can also have sherbet, or vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce etc any time just ask! :D ) I'm a simple girl from Texas...give me steak, baked potato and some ice cream or sherbet...lol

We were on the 4 night cruise...

** miniature golf was always open...

**rock wall was closed at certain times of the day..would be open several different times throughout the day though..just check times with them..

** chocolate buffet was only 1 night..Viewing/pictures from 11:30-midnight...then ravaging at 12:15. :o

** sailaway is at 5...your early dinner seating is at 6:30.

** no menu pics...some things they had were..

appetizers...shrimp cocktail, lobster bisque, caesar salad, exotic fruits, onion tarts..many other things...

dinners....filet of beef, salmon, no lobster, angus sirloin an alternative choice every night, I forget what else...

desserts...cheesecakes, chocolate desserts, banana bailey souffle, etc..

(you can also have sherbet, or vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce etc any time just ask! :D ) I'm a simple girl from Texas...give me steak, baked potato and some ice cream or sherbet...lol

Since it sounds like we have very similar tastes, any suggestions on food that was really good?

Hey,

I just got back from the same cruise too. It was my First best cruise ever! I had a blast, i probably ran into you guys during the cruise. Sheri, 3 of my friends did the scrapbook class and they said they loved it. I would of joined them but...it's not my cup of tea.

Anyway i have a few pictures of the chocolate buffet and the thursday night dinner menu for your viewing pleasures.

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

Here some more on my photobucket...

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/itz_Soukie/Cozymel%20Cruise/

Hey,

I just got back from the same cruise too. It was my First best cruise ever! I had a blast, i probably ran into you guys during the cruise. Sheri, 3 of my friends did the scrapbook class and they said they loved it. I would of joined them but...it's not my cup of tea.

Anyway i have a few pictures of the chocolate buffet and the thursday night dinner menu for your viewing pleasures.

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

Here some more on my photobucket...

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/itz_Soukie/Cozymel%20Cruise/

Your photo web site is asking for a password. Is there a way you can share them? I signed up for an account, but I didn't know what else to do. I would love to see the pictures.

Hi! We were on the splendour March 3-8th..we had a great time. Guess what!!! We had table 99 too!!!! We loved Dairo and his assistant. Also the head waiter was very attentive. Loved them!!!

The Conceirge lounge was awesome!!! Kenneth Boodoo was amazing!

Glad you had a great time!!! I wish Spelendour was not going away..I'd do it again! Take care. :)

Archived