Inside Cabin Snobs

gtalum

I would just like to point out that not everyone can slum it in an inside cabin.

So many posts deal with the best locations of inside cabins. They go on, ad infinitum, of perks, locations, etc.. They post the cabin numbers, decks, blah, blah, blah...

We are told, over and over again... "I WOULD NEVER CRUISE IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN INSIDE CABIN"

Well, folks, there are some of us who cannot slum it in inside cabins. We consider a downgrade to a category 11 cabin to be "hell."

We feel we will be laughed at when we post a question regarding a suite.

It just seems that Cruise Critic has become a slumming board for those who can slum it in inside cabins.

I've cruised in a inside cabin twice and I will not again IF possible! The first was on the Fascination with a Girl Scout troop, 3 girls and 2 adults in my cabin!:eek:

The 2nd time was an inside on the Liberty in the Med this past May. It was just my DD and myself. We had enough room but I like natural light. We booked a year out and I was hoping for a visit from the upgrade fairy but it didn't happen.

Oops! I've forgot I just booked my 3rd inside with my sister's Nov. 08 on the Freedom. :rolleyes: I'm hoping for a nice upgrade! Carnival wouldn't make an "old" lady climb up a bunk? Would they? (The price was right!)

ROTFLMAO!!!! :) :) :)

Don't get me WRONG, IF I could cruise 4 time per year and get a BALCONY each and every time I would, but hey, give me 4 inside cabins per year over 1-2 balconies per year ANY DAY!!!! :)

Remember, 7 days IS 7 days...14 is soooooooo much better!!! :)

I'm proud to be an inside cabin snob!!!! No windows or balconies for me, thank you very much.

In fact, I forbid anyone in my inside cabin party to associate with any ocean view or balcony peasants.

Off with their heads!!!:D ;)

I'm Sherri and I'm also an Inside Cabin snob. ;)

Actually I'm also a "money saving" snob. My dream is to one day see the light of day while I'm in my cabin. I always check balcony prices but so far, the difference has been at least half of another cruise! Truthfully, I love the fact the inside cabins are dark if you want to take a nap in the middle of the day. My favorite was an inside cabin, on the Triumph, Lido deck. That rocked! :D

ROTFLMAO!!!! :) :) :)

Don't get me WRONG, IF I could cruise 4 time per year and get a BALCONY each and every time I would, but hey, give me 4 inside cabins per year over 1-2 balconies per year ANY DAY!!!! :)

Remember, 7 days IS 7 days...14 is soooooooo much better!!! :)

Hey Debe,

You are so right! I always book an inside cabin with the hopes I might get an upgrade. If I don't, no biggie! I'm on the ship enjoying the same amenities as everyone else and I can go more often. Now, if someone wants to give me an upgrade, no problem here - I'll take whatever they give me! I've been down below, way up top - no preference here - just as long as I go!

According to a friend of a friend I have, studies have shown that inside cabin cheapskates are also ten times more likely to remove auto tips from their accounts and claim they'll; 'tip in an envelope to provide a more personal touch.' :D

Another friends' coworker told him that inside cheapskates are why more cruiselines are going to a greater percentage of balcony cabins. Obviously the cruiselines are trying to eliminate the snobs too! :D

gratefulguy,

Are you referring to them there smiley faces? >>>> :)

Or the bug eyed ones? >>>> :eek:

I can't imagine what reading would be like without the little fellers guiding us as to the posters emotion at the time of posting. :D

I guess I am a half in between snob...but then again it is my second cruise... so i don't know what I am...but anyways I was booked for an inside cabin and my travel agent just informed me of price breaks and if I wanted a balcony cabin instead all I had to pay was an additional $240. Of course I jumped on it...but would that make me a balcony snob now? I sure hope not.;)

I guess I am a half in between snob...but then again it is my second cruise... so i don't know what I am...but anyways I was booked for an inside cabin and my travel agent just informed me of price breaks and if I wanted a balcony cabin instead all I had to pay was an additional $240. Of course I jumped on it...but would that make me a balcony snob now? I sure hope not.;)

we can be balcony snobs together. lol ;)

Archived