Holland America Zaandam to Alaska 2005 (Music Video)

amenuensis

This was my first attempt at a music video. It was done using Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It was a family reunion cruise so the first part is us all meeting up in Vancouver and the second part is the cruise to Alaska aboard the HAL Zaandam.

I had originally meant this part to be the intro to the actual video highlights of the trip, but I haven't had time to do that part! Very time-consuming hobby!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946121069745934015&hl=en

Nice job.

I've recently started to learn to use Vegas also. I haven't figured out nearly as much as you on working with the transitions, etc.

I like the way you zoom out and look like the Alaska map moves at the begining.

Timing the quick shots with the music at the beginning was pretty cool also.

I'll keep trying.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job.

I like the way you zoom out and look like the Alaska map moves at the begining.

Timing the quick shots with the music at the beginning was pretty cool also.

I'll keep trying.

Yes definitely keep trying, Vegas is great, but even so, as a novice I had so many failures before I figured out how to do the timing of the shots with the music. I finally discovered you could group frames and then make global changes to the group, so then all I had to do was tweak the timing a bit until it matched the beat of the music.

The zoom and crop on the map was pretty easy to learn.

It's not perfect but if I wanted perfection that would take me another year! Anyway thanks for the nice comments I need the encouragement!

I did burn several DVD's for the family as a keepsake, at higher resolution than the one on the web.

• 3 weeks later...

You did a great job on the video, can you tell me the name of the song you use? I am guessing it is "welcome to our family" but have not been able to find it. If you have the artist also that would help. We have a son getting married and thought that would be a good song for the video.

You did a great job on the video, can you tell me the name of the song you use? I am guessing it is "welcome to our family" but have not been able to find it. If you have the artist also that would help. We have a son getting married and thought that would be a good song for the video.

Thanks. The song is "Welcome" from the soundtrack of Disney's animated feature "Brother Bear" I think it is by Phil Collins. I used a version recorded by a group called Jump5.

I just had to pop over and say hello back!!! So, this is where you are hanging out these days!!!

Looks like fun!!!

Hugs, ~YL (and family)

Hi YL - There you are! I don't have a cruise booked until 2008 so I haven't been checking the boards as often...

Archived