vacation planning software

Peregrina651

Figured that CC was a good place to ask this question; hope this is the right forum. The April 2007 issue of Smart Computing magazine had a short article on "Meliovation Vacation Designer," software for helping you plan a vacation. I'm looking for something to help me tame all the information (flights, hotel reservations, confirmation numbers, phone number,etc., etc.) and thought this might be the answer.

Has anyone tried it out? Do you like it? Does it have any security issues?

Thanks for your help!:)

COSweetheart --

Let me know how you like it.

I went to the website as well but the program works with something called Microsoft .NET Frameworks. I decided to ask if anyone has used it before I install .NET Frameworks because of security issues -- I still don't trust MS when it comes to security.

BTW, according to the magazine article, the print function has been disabled on the 30 day trial product.

First released in 2002, the .net framework is an essential part of Windows. The vast majority of new applications require .net, although this isn't an issue for most as it has been automatically included in the last two operating systems released by Microsoft. However this particular version of .net is quite old and isn't automatically included with Windows.

As to security concerns with .net, there are none. You are no more at risk than without. Besides common sense, the next best method to remaining secure is to keep Windows up to date. If you do not have .net you most likely are running an older version of Windows that hasn't had any security patches installed in the past several years.

Archived