Anyone left out o NJ port in Jan or Feb?

JJHNLC

It is a small world!! Are you on the roll call for the Feb sailing? I am SO confused over there. It is impossible to catch up at this point with over 350+ pages and so many new posts each day. They all seem to know each other also from other cruises it is very intimidating. I am making a valiant effort though!!:rolleyes:

Hi again Sue, yes you're right about the roll call for next Feb, i feel the same way, i did post at the beginning but stop for the same reasons you stated. I haven't posted there in a loooong time. I booked the Feb '08 cruise last May (2006) got a really good price, the rates have gone up a ton since then, i can't believe it. When i booked the Bermuda for Oct. my intention was to cancel the Feb 3 '08 as it was going to be a lot of $$$ to lay out, we're also paying for the rest of the family for Oct. but as the price has gone up so much, i feel like we got such a great deal we'd be crazy to cancel, now if only i could come up with some extra $$$. We are going to be flying to Newark from Montreal in Feb. only because of the uncertainty of the weather, in Oct the 5 of us are driving. My DH had a heart attack March 26 & he's now saying lets find away to do both, you just never know & he's right! Lots of time still to decide though.

I consider myself lucky to be able to cruise with him at all at this point.

Life's too short!

Hi again Sue, yes you're right about the roll call for next Feb, i feel the same way, i did post at the beginning but stop for the same reasons you stated. I haven't posted there in a loooong time. I booked the Feb '08 cruise last May (2006) got a really good price, the rates have gone up a ton since then, i can't believe it. When i booked the Bermuda for Oct. my intention was to cancel the Feb 3 '08 as it was going to be a lot of $$$ to lay out, we're also paying for the rest of the family for Oct. but as the price has gone up so much, i feel like we got such a great deal we'd be crazy to cancel, now if only i could come up with some extra $$$. We are going to be flying to Newark from Montreal in Feb. only because of the uncertainty of the weather, in Oct the 5 of us are driving. My DH had a heart attack March 26 & he's now saying lets find away to do both, you just never know & he's right! Lots of time still to decide though.

I consider myself lucky to be able to cruise with him at all at this point.

Life's too short!

Glad your hubby is feeling better! I went through a similar situation with mine also a few years ago (cancer) He is completely cancer free though now 6 years, but I will never take things for granted anymore. We just did the Brilliance 11 day and are taking the kids to Alaska in August for one last big family vacation before they go off on their own as well as the Explorer thing. If I have to get a second job in order to cruise a couple of times a year, I will!!!

NOW SueL & CDS2423...........Come on and get back to the Exployer 08 posts..........WE really are a friendly GROUP......please don't feel intimidated!!! :(

Hey Sandy, I know you guys are friendly it is just very hard to break in so to speak as you all seem to know each other so well. I have been keep track daily but it is hard to keep up when you don't know the people involved. I am trying though!

NOW SueL & CDS2423...........Come on and get back to the Exployer 08 posts..........WE really are a friendly GROUP......please don't feel intimidated!!! :(

I feel like i got caught with my pants down.

Anyone know if the parking at Cape Liberty will be covered before the winter sailings commence?

Can not even imagine coming back to frozen snow on the car........

That would be my biggest concern, particularly with the fact we travel with a power wheelchair for my husband and he is not able to be of help with snow.......

Well since 2008 will be the first winter the Explorer sails out of Bayonne, we'll all have to wait and see! We are going in December. You can plan on it being cold in NJ in Jan & Feb., and I would say a bit rough sailing out the first night. If you want to get a better idea jump over the NCL thread and ask them as the Dawn and Spirit sail out of the same NY harbor as the Explorer will all year round. :)

We've sailed out of Cape Liberty, but in the summer, and there was no covered parking. Does anyone know if they were building any kind of indoor garage for the winter? We're going on Explorer this Feb., and would hate to come back to a car with a foot of snow on it. If not, does anyone know of somewhere near the port that you can park indoors? The other option is a car service, but we live on Long Island, and it will get pretty expensive.

We are booked for 2/3/08 also and we will be driving...it may be a snowball fight on deck on the way out and back but after the first day it should be beautiful...we also will spend the first day enjoying the things there are to do inside, wear sweats and relaxing. I think it will be fun. I think it could be rough the first day or so but I think the Atlantic is rough anyway...Can't wait!

Imagine the fun of standing outside on deck 4 for the pre-sailing drill for 40 minutes as the wind wooshes thru the Bayonne docks , in Dec. It was bad enough on our repo of the Connie in early November in 2005. Dress WARM.

I can tell you it was cold on 10/29/06 when I left for Bermuda and the wind was howling! Definitely dress warm! We did get lucky. Our muster was in the dining room where it was warm but the ones out on deck looked like they were freezing! :o We sail this December also so expecting anything but will be dressed for success like before! LOL! :D

Archived