can i access computers on the ship to recharge via usb plug

traymond

i have a ipod type player that only charges via a usb port on a computer. i don't want to bring my laptop on the cruise (carnival inspiration) and wonder if the internet cafe's will have computers that i can plug my cable into their usb port and recharge my music player?

thanks

tom

Howdy Tom!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you for your post about Carnival's Inspiration. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software such as avatars, signatures, countdown clocks or tickers, attaching pictures, etc. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Community Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Carnival Cruise Line Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215 where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is a better location for more of your fellow Cruise Critic members to see it and to be able to help you with the information you seek.

I hope you don't mind a friendly 05.gif suggestion, but you might want to read our Community Guidelines and FAQ. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

i have a ipod type player that only charges via a usb port on a computer. i don't want to bring my laptop on the cruise (carnival inspiration) and wonder if the internet cafe's will have computers that i can plug my cable into their usb port and recharge my music player?

thanks

tom

Hi Tom,

I honestly don't recall whether the computers have a USB port available. the last time I was on the Inspiration USB was a pipe dream I think. But experience with publicly available computers tells me that they really don't want you plugging anything into their computers. It opens the doors to too many headaches, virus and other issues.

My Creative Zen Mp3 player is the same way, powers up via USB. However, they do make wall chargers with a USB (in my case mini USB) connecters. Check with the manufacturer's site and then check out Amazon. I got a wall charger for like $8.

Laura

You will defintitely need to bring a wall charger, there are no USB ports available.

Better yet, do what we did recently, we brought a clock radio that accepts our IPOD's. It was great to have in the room, the cord reached the balcony for music out there, and the IPOD was always charged.

Better yet, do what we did recently, we brought a clock radio that accepts our IPOD's. It was great to have in the room, the cord reached the balcony for music out there, and the IPOD was always charged.

What a nifty cool idea.

I wonder if I can use this to convince the wife to let me go spend money. :D

Umm, why would you want to plug your device into a public computer anyway? Icky computer virus thingies work both ways ya' know. Your devices can catch them, give them to your personal computer and other devices.

Sometimes I will bring a small speaker which will also charge the iPod. If not I may bring the wall charger. I do usually take an older iBook so I can use that as well.

I got my wall charger from Apple, you may find another generic one for cheaper.

Archived