Murano on Century

Chuck & Q Express

My husband and I just got off the Century and it was our first time at Muranos. We thought it was excellent. The service was impeccable. We had about 8 different waiters. I had a chilean sea bass and my husband had scallops and lobster. Both were outstanding. We have been to specialty restaurants on other ships and have always enjoyed the experience, but we both thought the Muranos was the best we have ever experienced (in our opinion). My recommendation is to definitely make a reservation and experience it and doubt very much you will be disappointed.

My husband and I just got off the Century and it was our first time at Muranos. We thought it was excellent. The service was impeccable. We had about 8 different waiters. I had a chilean sea bass and my husband had scallops and lobster. Both were outstanding. We have been to specialty restaurants on other ships and have always enjoyed the experience, but we both thought the Muranos was the best we have ever experienced (in our opinion). My recommendation is to definitely make a reservation and experience it and doubt very much you will be disappointed.

Was Dominique the matre'd ? WE met him on Infinity to alaska, what a gentle man.

mike & emily

Do it, do it, do it! I'm just back from the 3/5 sailing. I was on the fence about whether or not to reserve Murano, but my husband wanted to so we did. And was he ever right. We booked for the middle of the cruise and earlier in the week we were at the Aquaspa cafe (same staff as Murano) and husband recognized the maitre d' from a cruise we took in '03. To say he and the rest of the staff took care of us would be an understatement. They were delightful. And they even sent us a signed copy of the menu to our stateroom the next day. I have that menu in front of me and I can tell you that Cemac is the Maitre D', Dan is the Sommelier and Rodrigo is the chef. Your entree choices are: sea bass, sole meuniere, asparagus mousse with provencal vegetables, magret of duck with roasted pineapple, flambeed scampi, scallops and lobster oriental, milk-fed veal, rack of lamb en croute and steak diane. At our table we had the veal, the lamb, steak diane and the scallops and lobster and all were wonderful.

Enjoy your cruise. I wish I were going again!

I was lucky enough to sail on Century twice in the past few months. The Maitre D' is Dominique, who also recognized us from other X ships. Perhaps he was on vacation the week the other person sailed. He is wonderful as are all aspects of dining at Muranos. ENJOY!:D

I just did a back to back on Century 3/5-3/15

Cemac is there, Mr Darco is the wine steward, and Chef Rodrigo is leaving for the Journey...Mr George is the master of the cheese, Mr Marjan is excellent also

they changed the menu the day i left, no more M Roux

say hi to guys for me

tom

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Can reservations be made prior to the cruise? or do you need to do this while on board?

Thanks

Dorene

If you are a member of the Captain's Club, you can make a reservation 60 days prior to sailing. If not, you must wait until you board.

Whatever the case may be, don't miss Murano. We were onboard two weeks ago and it was the best specialty restaurant we've experienced (including HAL, Carnival, Princess and NCL). The maitre de made an exception for us and put 7 of us at one table. We were originally told we'd have to do two tables of 4 and 3, but the night we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to see they had accommodated us. They said they set the table earlier and practiced if it was feasible to serve 7 at one table, and when they deemed it was doable, they put us all together. I was completely shocked that they went to all this trouble, as we were quite accepting of the fact that we'd have to do 4 and 3. The service, food, atmosphere, everything was impeccable.

I just did a back to back on Century 3/5-3/15

Cemac is there, Mr Darco is the wine steward, and Chef Rodrigo is leaving for the Journey...Mr George is the master of the cheese, Mr Marjan is excellent also

they changed the menu the day i left, no more M Roux

say hi to guys for me

tom

Does any one have any details of the new menu now they have dropped Michel Roux. I hope they haven't dropped the goats cheese souffle!

Is a sport jacket required every night?

YES. I've seen other posts where it was noted that they didn't chuck you out if you weren't dressed appropriately. But to not do so would be disrespectful to both your dining companions and the venue.

I felt that Murano was even more enjoyable than the Olympic on Millennium or Ocean Liners on Constellation. It is much smaller and more intimate and for this reason it is in demand so if you get the chance through Captains Club, book early to avoid disappointment or visit the restaurant as soon as you board, because you don't want to miss the opportunity of dining there.

abbafan, the goats cheese souffle is still there (see thumbnail below):) Talking to the restaurant staff, the departure of Michel Roux will not affect the menu in the short term.

Phil

goatscheese.jpg.ba63a5239f878436ab1e9b02cde8c4cf.jpg

Is a sport jacket required every night?

Babylene,

Celebrity used to require at least a jacket on all non-formal nights but recently changed the specialty restaurant dress code. The dress code in the specialty restaurants now matches the dress code in the main dining room. Here's the pertinent FAQ from the Celebrity web site:

"What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Codes

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is the same as the evening dress code in the main restaurant. Please refer to the dress schedule within the "Onboard Experience" section of this website to determine the appropriate attire for each cruise length."

Personally, I think they should have left the jacket requirement intact but you won't be in violation of the dress code if you don't wear a jacket on a casual night.

We are recently back from the Millie TA where we had dinner in the private six person Wine Cellar of the RMS Olympic restuarant - a terrific evening. I'm pretty sure that Murano is smaller than the restuarants on the Millennium ships; does it have a private room? [We are doing the Century TA this coming December]

Hi,

We just enjoyed a fantastic meal at Murano on 4/19.

Tonia, you asked "what is the cost to have dinner in Murano pp/" The cost is $30 per person and obviously any wine or other alcohol is additional. Well worth it, IMHO...at least once on your cruise!

TravelerThom, it is a smaller room in Murano, and though it isn't "private," that is, with a door separating it from the rest of the room, there is a space with wine racks that is somewhat private. No one was eating there when we were there, but I would guess that the space could accomodate a table for 6 or so. We ate in the Olympia on Millie last August and found the experience on Murano to be just as lovely, though I prefer the room size and it's location on the ship on the Millie.

Abbefan, just ate the Goat cheese souflle a few nights ago and it's as wonderful as you recall! No changes that I observed on the menu and they still talk about Roux as their master chef or whatever the title is : )

Enjoy!

Lynne

I met Mr Cemac at lunch on March 14, he informed me that the menu that was in effect had was being replaced effective Mar 15....got me....I will email him and find out whats going on, I am also on the 17 day TA Century Dec 3 and the 4 day Dec 20-24

tom

We are recently back from the Millie TA where we had dinner in the private six person Wine Cellar of the RMS Olympic restuarant - a terrific evening. I'm pretty sure that Murano is smaller than the restuarants on the Millennium ships; does it have a private room? [We are doing the Century TA this coming December]

Murano, which we had dinner at a couple of weeks ago while onboard the Century, is wonderful. Yes, it is smaller than the M-class ships, but I felt it was prettier and more intimate.

They do have a wine cellar private room, which you can request but it is not guaranteed until you are onboard (assuming you are a Captain's Club member and are making your reservations ahead of time). We had requested it and it would have been honored, but we added a 7th person to our party and that room could accommodate only a table for 6. But we didn't mind; the entire experience was flawless from start to finish.

Archived