TA fouled up, I'm in an Inside, booked OV

jcrandle

Yes, but no thanks to the TA. While on the Transatlantic portion of the cruise, I was able to determine that the travel agent had NOT waitlisted me for a OV cabin. I fired off a blistering email to the TA and told them I expected to be waitlisted for everything up to and including the PS. I also informed them that I expected to pay no more than the original quote for the cabin that I had lost. The waitlist was satisfied about 5 days before the start of the follow-on cruise. I was charged for the original agreed amount for the Category G that I had first booked.

Needless to say, I will never do business with this agent again. While on board, I booked another cruise, taking advantage of the reduced depost for on-board bookings. I currently have this booking assigned to HAL, but will likely try to find another agency to take over the booking, as many agents will offer greater discounts than HAL.

We were happy that it worked out for us, but it was far too much aggravation. One concern that I have is that once your booking is owned by a TA, HAL will not talk to you about anything. If your TA is honest, that isn't a problem, but if the TA is lying, it is very difficult to get concrete information to prove it. I was very lucky to be able to determine what the real situation was, but not thru official HAL channels.

Thanks for your interest.

I am angry and discouraged with this TA, however, I don't see that I have any additional leverage in this. If the TA has half a brain, he likely realizes that I will never do any more business with him, so I don't believe anything will be gained by any threats I can make. All I can do is hope that something will become available, and the TA doesn't foul this one up again!

Jim - This is one of those situations where I wish CC would allow a little bending of the rules, so that you could name your TA. I'm thrilled with ours & would sing her praises if I could write her name, but sometimes we need to be able to share/warn others about the bad apples out there. :rolleyes:

Archived