eanie,meanie,miney,mo???

Okay fellow cruisers, I need your help. Planning 3-4 night getaway with just DH for May 3-7. Can't decide which ship? We are 37,40 and this will be our 5th cruise, but 1st one by ourselves w/o the children. We have cruised the Disney Magic twice, RCI Mariner, and Carnival Miracle. The Miracle was our least favorite. So I would like to probably stay with RCI My choices are: 3nite Sovereign of Seas, 3nite Majesty of Seas, or 4nite Enchantment. Was leaning toward SOS, would like to see CoCo cay. But so leary, since we have only cruised the new fancier ships, I don't want to be disappointed I just don;t know how SOS will compare to our prior cruises. Any help from you guys would be great, I had tried to find some direction from travel agency, but the agent had never even been on any cruise herself. Thanks so much.

1st, go with the 4 day--on a 3-day, you barely get started, and it's over! Plus, there will be alot more "young adults" on the 3 day (although you'll find alot on the 4 nighters, too!)

Sov. is a great ship. Yes, she's smaller, but in the whole scheme of things, none of the ships is really "small"!

Her crew is great, the drinks are strong, and Coco Cay is one of my favorite stops! If you like cruising, I think you'll be satisfied with Sov.

1st, go with the 4 day--on a 3-day, you barely get started, and it's over! Plus, there will be alot more "young adults" on the 3 day (although you'll find alot on the 4 nighters, too!)

Sov. is a great ship. Yes, she's smaller, but in the whole scheme of things, none of the ships is really "small"!

Her crew is great, the drinks are strong, and Coco Cay is one of my favorite stops! If you like cruising, I think you'll be satisfied with Sov.

Ditto! It's a cruise so how could you be disappointed? 4 is better than 3 nights.

My vote is for Enchantment... I'd always choose 4 days over 3! ;)

We've sailed on both Sovereign and Enchantment... Sovereign was very nice and we'd definitely do a cruise on her again, but we did prefer Enchantment.

I would do Enchantment or Sovereign 4 nights if possible! I would do Enchantment for the extra day at sea, but Sovereign because of Cococay instead of Cozumel. I think either one would be fine, but I just don't like the Majesty's 4 night itenerary because it doesn't have a day at sea and whats a cruise without time at sea?!?

In your time frame, a 4 nt sovereign doesn't fit. so it is either a 4 nt enchantment or a 3 nt.

first do you live in florida or do you have to fly. Sovereign is an easy drive from central florida up through Georgia. The enchantment adds 3 and 1/2 extra driving hours if you are driving.

i love my longer cruises, but for quick weekends away just for a relaxing time, we jump on the Sovereign often. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the mega ships, like ice skating, but she puts on a great weekend. fine shows, good food, the rock wall is there and great cruise staff. lively crowd. active schooner bar and they have all the activities that the 7 nighters do, quest, love and marriage, etc. they have boleros and dueling pianos.

hmmmm i guess it's really not so relaxing after all, lol. but it could be.

Archived