Question about buying Liquor for cabin

Classynfun1

yea i would never pay $40 for a 750ml of vodka or whiskey, the company we are talking about is $22 per bottle. Still more expensive than bringing it yourself but you don't have to sneak it on and risk the chance of getting it taking away at embarkation.

I totally agree with you. What about a little of each, then you are sure to have that wonderful cocktail without breaking the bank. What ya think?:cool:

she usually asks for a week or two in adcance. she can get anything you want(mixers and stuff to if you don't want to smuggle it) she will package it all together for you. like i said i ordered 3 bottles of whiskey a bottle of vodka an 3-12 packs of coke for $110

With the new policy, are you sure with Carnival we can still get this liquor sent to our cabins. Just asking before I order tomorrow. I have a few gifts baskets I am ordering with her at the same time, liquor, I didn't know with the new policy things would change. Please let me know and thanks for your help!:cool:

Last year we ordered from "well-wishers" which delivers gift baskets including wine/liquor. We were ordering flavored vodka which NCL didn't carry in their own Bon Voyage dept. NCL stopped allowing them to deliver to passengers sending to themselves and Well-wishers cancelled with us a few weeks before the cruise.

If you order from someone other than Carnival you will want to confirm the delivery policy a couple of weeks prior to your cruise to make sure it arrives. We were lucky to have the cancellation before the cruise so we could make arrangements with NCL instead (Love the Peppar Vodka so had to buy Absolute and pack hot pepper to add!). Others weren't that lucky and found out the day they arrived on the ship and nothing was there.

Although our experience was with NCL, not sure how other cruise lines are handling this.

Bon Voyage is through Carnival... there is no problem having your alcohol delivered from them.

Just Because is through a different company I am assuming...

Are they letting them deliver to the ships too ?

I had heard that they werent .

RECENT FEEDBACK?:confused:

i asked shelly at just because that exact question and she told me that her services are guaranteed. She said the only problem she is having with carnival is with beer. i would suggest calling her and asking her if you are still unsure. and no neither carnival or just because will give out a price list you have to call them.

Bon Voyage is through Carnival... there is no problem having your alcohol delivered from them.

Just Because is through a different company I am assuming...

Are they letting them deliver to the ships too ?

I had heard that they werent .

RECENT FEEDBACK?:confused:

Of the same thing and contacted a good friend of ours who is a Supervisor for Carnival and was advised that Carnival is cracking down on 3rd party companies who were once permitted to deliver liquor/gifts to cabins for us cruiser's due to them wanting you to use the Bon Voyage department. Simply put they want our $$$ instead. However, there are some companies who "supposedly" have contracts with Carnival and so they can't prevent them at this time, but don't be surprised if in the future it will either be Bon Voyage department or nothing. I did inquire about Just Because and they were not FLAGGED as of yet, but Carnival does tend to make their own rules when they see fit so...

I will definitely be contacting Shelly today to confirm and place my order!

Thanks for the info on Just Because BigDawg...

Jay

She also told me, the only port she cannot do is Galveston, TX. :( LOL....We are sailing out of Galveston both cruises!

Does anyone know if Just Because delivers to ships in L.A./Long Beach? I have three cruises coming up out of those ports.

800 522 7648 Ask for Vivian. She's the best!>>>

well I got michelle and she was great too!

Thank you all for posting this number. I like the idea of getting to our suite and having a bottle waiting for us as we have our own bon voyage party :cool:

We did this on our Triumph cruise last October & ordered a Seagrams 7, a Stoli and a Bailey's (Sheridan). It was so nice to have it in our cabin with no sneaking! Will do it again on our next cruise. Thank goodness for these boards, or I would have never heard about it.:)

I spoke with Shelley today to see about a kids basket for my little munchkins, and regretfully she is unable to do this right now, as her person in New Orleans has moved. :(

She said for me to try back next week, perhaps she will have a new person to work with her by then... she seems really nice...

Perhaps , if not, I will try to sneak something in my suitcase somehow for my kids , and have them not know about it( you know how nosey kids are ...LOL)

DO I EVEN HAVE ROOM FOR THAT ? I AM NOT SURE...

Right now- no NEW ORLEANS service...:(

anyone in New Orleans need a job ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Since I'm new, I'm glad these old threads keep surfacing! I am guessing that the "Just Because" business is only for US ports?

Don't know about Just Because, but Wellwishers.com delivers worldwide...and pretty much anything you can think up (within cruise line guidelines and that's legal!).

I've used them for years and always have had great service. They even delivered a cake and all the decorations for a birthday party for my daughter when she was turning 10 during our family cruise.

I'm trying to take up someones advice of ordering Sheridan's through the bon voyage department. I called and she had no idea what I was talking about. Does this product go by another name?Thanks,Cari

I think Sheridan's is their version of Baileys.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm trying to take up someones advice of ordering Sheridan's through the bon voyage department. I called and she had no idea what I was talking about. Does this product go by another name?Thanks,Cari

The list is very limited. Im pretty sure Sheridans wouldnt be offered thought the BV Dept.

The list is very limited. Im pretty sure Sheridans wouldnt be offered thought the BV Dept.

It is. I wanted Baily's and she said they do have Irish Cream, but it's a Sheridans instead.

Funny thing is I also wanted Kahlua and they said they don't have that, or Tia Maria, even though others here have ordered that in the past. So I'm still going to smuggle a bottle of coffee liquor in my suitcase. (Going to give Starbucks Liquor a try - http://www.brandchannel.com/features_profile.asp?pr_id=225 )

It is. I wanted Baily's and she said they do have Irish Cream, but it's a Sheridans instead.

Funny thing is I also wanted Kahlua and they said they don't have that, or Tia Maria, even though others here have ordered that in the past. So I'm still going to smuggle a bottle of coffee liquor in my suitcase. (Going to give Starbucks Liquor a try - http://www.brandchannel.com/features_profile.asp?pr_id=225 )

The inventory is ever changing. So what they have today may differ from what they will have next month.

Archived