Taking alcohol on Crown

tomstur

We sail in two more days on the Crown. This will be our 1st Princess cruise. We planned on stopping at a liquor store in San Juan to buy wine and a couple of other adult beverages. How does Crown inspect or inforce or stop people from bring alcohol on board? I would hate to buy it only to have it taken away. We were going to put it in our checked bags. Along those lines, do you think glass bottles of wine will be ok?

I was also wondering about this??? So you can walk onboard with bottles right in your carry on????

No problem, as long as it is not visible and not simply in a shopping bag.

They will tell you this in the liquor store located inside the terminal in San Juan to make sure that it is placed inside of a piece of luggage, either checked or carry-on and you will have no problem . . and we didn't.

Mike:)

They weren't checking at all for liquor last week. Like someone already said, as long as you dont have the bottle in your hand out of a bag, it gets on the ship with you. They definitely want you to buy too...lots of samples!:)

We bought some bottles and put it in our back pack...and on we went. LOTS of people were doing it. At that point, you don't have your checked luggage...it's all carry on stuff at that point.

I'm positive there re is a Princess policy here. However it seems we all seem to smuggle a bottle here and there. I'm going on the Emerald....10 days.. we drink 2 bottles of wine each day. Therefore we will attempt to bring 20 bottles on board. We are extremely fussy on wines (not because we are wine snobs but because there is only 1 or 2 we like after years of tasting...that does not give us headaches) As Canadians with the dollar exchange we save a lot of money here so it is worth the risk. any opinions?

...We are extremely fussy on wines (not because we are wine snobs but because there is only 1 or 2 we like after years of tasting...that does not give us headaches) As Canadians with the dollar exchange we save a lot of money here so it is worth the risk. any opinions?

Have a great cruise!!!

My husband and I just came back from a two-week Sea Princess cruise. We brought on 14 bottles - carry-on - of wine in Ft. Lauderdale as did our travelling companions. No problem whatsoever; nobody blinked an eye. Others we were traveling with were also able to bring on eight bottles of French wine in St. Maarten - they, too, had no problem.

Archived