Help-- what should I do?

vowsatsea

I booked my cruise back in October through *****.com. I didn't ask many questions, because I had booked with them before and had no problems. My print out says that they're going to send me e-tickets a week before departure.

My questions is...the last time I did a cruise in 2003, I got an actual packet through the mail and it definitely wasn't a week before we cruised. I tried calling, and the person that I booked with had his message machine pick up and it said that for the next three months, he is working very limited from his home. I left him a message three days ago, and have yet to hear from him.

I want to have physical documents in my hand, not e-tickets, and not a week before. Is this the way it's done through NCL? Or is this what they do now? Has anyone booked through *****.com before?

I've used them before and my agent was unavailable when there was a price drop. I just called the 1-800 number, explained that my agent was unavailable and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor took care of everything!

Most (all?) domestic and many foriegn airlines have switched to e-tickets to save money. Therefore, all you will get for these flights is an itinery. You just show up at the airport and show the required ID. They check you luggage and print a boarding pass.

The same is true with the cruise lines. They are also eliminating paper tickets.

Paul

The really nice thing about e-tickets is there is nothing to lose. You just check in at the airport with your ID.

I would definintely call and get a supervisor out your itinerary, etc. They most likely don't know the flights this far ahead of time, but they can tell you when they are available.

Paul hit the nail on the head re/ E tickets for both airlines and cruises. We don't have to do the airline deal since we live in Florida but about half the time we get E tickets instead of documents for our cruises. No big deal. Enjoy your cruise.......

Tanker4

I booked my cruise back in October through *****.com. I didn't ask many questions, because I had booked with them before and had no problems. My print out says that they're going to send me e-tickets a week before departure.

My questions is...the last time I did a cruise in 2003, I got an actual packet through the mail and it definitely wasn't a week before we cruised. I tried calling, and the person that I booked with had his message machine pick up and it said that for the next three months, he is working very limited from his home. I left him a message three days ago, and have yet to hear from him.

I want to have physical documents in my hand, not e-tickets, and not a week before. Is this the way it's done through NCL? Or is this what they do now? Has anyone booked through *****.com before?

We just got our e-tickets for RCI. I also like the packet, but I forgot to uncheck "e-mail" on one reservation. They sent over the whole packet and I just printed it out. Chances are, you'll get the same type of thing. Depending on when you're leaving and what type of cruise you are doing, call the cruiseline or call the manager of the agency and tell them you would like documents mailed. If it's not too late, you can still get them. :)

NCL is not the only cruise line using e-docs. It won't be long before all of the cruise lines use them as the standard, with a fee if you request printed docs. It saves so much on printing and postage that it only makes sense.

In this specific instance, if your TA requested e-docs from NCL, then that's what you will receive. You need to get your TA to change the request, assuming that it's not too late to do so.

We've not yet gotten e-docs for a cruise, but I'd be one who would probably prefer them. We generally tear out the ticket page and leave the booklet at home anyway.

If you are curious about all the other info in the booklet, it is usually on the cruiselines website. Just go to NCL's site and start looking around at sections like FAQ and shore excursions, etc... If you find some things that you want to print out, there you go!

Although we can't discuss any particular travel agency, the one you mention has been around a long time.

Archived