Shopping Malls in Fort Lauderdale?

Kallen

Our pre-cruise hotel is the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport and I've been reading up on the area malls. Has anyone been to the Millenium Mall in Hollywood? Post-cruise, we will stay in Plantation and have those malls already scoped out, but I'm not sure if the Millenium Mall will be worth the cost of the cab ride.

Kallen, Saw your post on the Princess board. I've always arrived in FLL the day of departure and left immediately after returning, but there used to be quite a bit of info on the OLD Princess Board -- look for posts by BurBunny for great info.

One of the things I've always hoped to have time to do in FLL was the water taxi. It is $5pp for the whole day, hop on/off as much as you like (I understand). It can be caught at the Marriott Marina hotel among other places, and takes you on a tour of the waterway stopping at Las Olas shopping area, etc.

I think the name of the big mall in Ft. Lauderdale is Sawgrass. There are also outlets nearby someone. Go Google, type in Ft. Lauderdale and you should find lots of information. Take a look at the Chamber of Commerce -- you should find everything you need.

[b][font=Arial][size=3][color=royalblue]Hello,[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][size=3][color=#4169e1]I live in Davie, Fl. as for your question on Millennium Mall, it is fairly new and is similar to the Festival Flea Market Mall in Popano Beach. It aslo is not in the greatest area. As some one else said Sawgrass is the place to go.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][size=3][color=#4169e1]Hope this helps.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Would anyone know if there is a shuttle service from downtown Miami hotels to Sawgrass Mills?
And if so how one may reserve or get further details on times for pick up and price.
Many thanks!

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Doubt if there would be a free shuttle bus from a Miami hotel to Sawgrass Mills. We stay in Ft Lauderdale and Sawgrass is northwest of where we stay. From the Embassy Suites, the shuttle costs around $99 per person round trip. Miami is south of Ft Lauderdale and further away from Sawgrass Mills.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
:)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Forget Millenium Mall, go out to Sawgrass Mills if you want a MASSIVE outlet mall...

[url]http://www.sawgrassmillsmall.com/[/url]

Or down to Aventura if you want a regular mall...

[url]http://www.shopaventuramall.com/[/url]

seastar2 - I assume you mean the Marina Marriott? If so there are several strip malls just west of it along 17th Street, less than a mile, and yes, there are liquor stores, grocery stores, etc.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Doubt if there would be a free shuttle bus from a Miami hotel to Sawgrass Mills. We stay in Ft Lauderdale and Sawgrass is northwest of where we stay. From the Embassy Suites, the shuttle costs around $99 per person round trip. Miami is south of Ft Lauderdale and further away from Sawgrass Mills.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
:)[/QUOTE]

Actually there IS a shuttle service from Miami hotels, $15 roundtrip...

[url]http://www.sawgrassmillsmall.com/static/doc_020637.jsp[/url]

Archived