Mariner Society

AndyPanda

Howdy, Andy Panda:

Our travel agent took care of that for us, but here's a link to HAL's website that tells you how to find your mariner number, and everything you may need to know about the program. You'll see a little box on the right hand side of the page that says "Mariner ID Lookup". Here's the link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/mariner/mariner.do

Hope that helps!:)

Karin

It's worth money too! If you test cruise pricing on HAL's site with and without a Mariner number you will find that the discount for being a member starts at about $50 pp and goes on up depending on the cabin choice and length of the cruise.

For example, on a 15 day cruise I've been checking into, a VA cabin costs $100 pp less, and an SA cabin costs $200 pp less, for Mariners. :D

Recently completed our 1st HAL cruise.

How & when do we receive membership credentials in the Mariner Society ?

Thanks, Andy

Congratulations on your first one with HAL, I am going on 16 and 17, you will enjoy this line, you're now a mariner and you will get all the info on your next cruise with HAL in the mail, your nr. etc. Rgds, PD

It's worth money too! If you test cruise pricing on HAL's site with and without a Mariner number you will find that the discount for being a member starts at about $50 pp and goes on up depending on the cabin choice and length of the cruise.

For example, on a 15 day cruise I've been checking into, a VA cabin costs $100 pp less, and an SA cabin costs $200 pp less, for Mariners. :D

I think the discount is a joke. Check any TA web site and they will match or in many cases be lower that the mariner price.

As for real credentials....well, there aren't any, at least not in the sense of a certificate or card, like a frequent flyer card, with your HAL Mariner number on it. If there is such a thing neither my wife or I have every received them and we've been with HAL since '94.

Discount? Hmmm.....used to be you'd not see a nickel difference when checking Mariner versus non-Mariner fares so it appears maybe HAL has "fixed" that. As for the value I'd vote with Gizmo. Mariner "discounts", and actually Mariner perks, aren't much and certainly can easily be beat by almost any TA. The reward for cruising with HAL is the experience, not the Mariner perks. :)

HAL is caught in the horns of a delimma. There are their frequent passengers (Mariners ... us) who are disappointed that our loyalty isn't recognized in a meaningful way. But since there are so many who ARE repeaters, HAL doesn't seem to need to spend much of anything to get us back onboard.

Previous threads have explored this. There is no easy answer.

Please don't forget the Delft Tiles with the ships on them. They are blue on white and are a lasting mo

mento of your trip. The only problem is we will be on Noordam for our 2nd and 3rd voyages this year , so no variety. Maybe HAL can arrange for us to get the

Westerdam as that was our first trip so no tiles.

Stan :cool::cool:

Discount? Hmmm.....used to be you'd not see a nickel difference when checking Mariner versus non-Mariner fares so it appears maybe HAL has "fixed" that. As for the value I'd vote with Gizmo. Mariner "discounts", and actually Mariner perks, aren't much and certainly can easily be beat by almost any TA. The reward for cruising with HAL is the experience, not the Mariner perks. :)
I know of one on-line site that shows "alumni" and "regular" prices together, so they're not giving the cheaper price to everyone. And every little $50 adds up, so I'll take whatever I can get.

The only problem is we will be on Noordam for our 2nd and 3rd voyages this year , so no variety. Maybe HAL can arrange for us to get the Westerdam as that was our first trip so no tiles.

Stan :cool::cool:

The "past ships" series is over, and this year you will get only one of four tiles, three of which have only "generic" ships. So far on the Noordam they've been giving out one with a Statue-of-Liberty head on it.

I know of one on-line site that shows "alumni" and "regular" prices together, so they're not giving the cheaper price to everyone. And every little $50 adds up, so I'll take whatever I can get.

The "past ships" series is over, and this year you will get only one of four tiles, three of which have only "generic" ships. So far on the Noordam they've been giving out one with a Statue-of-Liberty head on it.

Booked my last Noordam cruise online.. Saved over $350.00 per person from mariner prices quoted by HA..:cool:

Receivied the SS Noordam 1,1902-1928 tiles on my 1/27/07 Noordam cruise..

Bulldog

I wish we had gotten Noordam tiles on our January 6, 2007 cruise. We got the Statue of Liberty ones which are very nice but Noordam is so special to me I would have loved to have gotten a Noordam tile.

I like the new series of four but being such a traditionalist, I still really love the tiles of the ships.

I think I'm the last person in the Universe who doesn't 'do' e-bay. :D

I'd love to get a Noordam tile though.

Maybe this is a good time to start! Currently there's a Noordam III tile with a "Buy It Now" price of $5.99, plus $3.03 s&h, and there's a Noordam II tile for $8.50 B-I-N plus $4.50 s&h.

Make sure they have your email address and you're signed up for their mailings.

They sometimes send out information on last-minute sailings and the savings can be VERY attractive.

If you book your next cruise within 30 days of disembarkation you are also elegible for gifts, shipboard credit, etc, although you might have to book with the HAL agents for those.

I was told by Hal that there is no discount for the Carribean, since there is so much competition.

Well, check this one out on HAL's site: ms Zuiderdam, Nov 3, 2007, Eastern Caribbean, VA cabin, without Mariner number entered: $1268 pp. With Mariner number entered: $1193 pp. A well-known on-line TA beats both of those prices by $69.

Archived