Enchantment Opinions

So, I've been on the Mariner, Serenade and going on the Navigator on the 31st. :D My sister, who cruised only once back in 1987, wants to take my nieces on the Enchantment in December for their 16th birthday (they're twins). Since I have been bitten by the cruise bug in 2005, I am thinking of going with them. (Any excuse to cruise, right!) I know that this ship will be smaller than the Serenade. After being on both the Radiance and Voyager class ships, do you think I will be disappointed with the size of the Enchantment? They will be "wowed" by any ship since they have never been on one. Does anyone have any suggestions for "good" rooms? Also, if I book this for them while on my NOS cruise, do they also get onboard credit? It's only a 5 night cruise so I wasn't sure if maybe they would get a $50 credit.

Thanks for your help/opinions/suggestions, etc. :)

We've cruised on Mariner a couple of times and enjoyed it. Will go back again one day. Having said that, we were on the Enchantment for a 5 day a few weeks ago and had the best time we've ever had on a cruise. Yes, she is a little smaller the Voyager or Radiance classes but with the 90 foot stretch, still a good sized ship. The crew and staff were the best we've encountered. The food was on par with any other cruise we've taken lately, and the ship is in great condition.. Does she have and ice rink, a promenade, etc like the Voyager class? No, but she makes up for it in other ways. I'm sure others feel differently but for us, the Voyager class seems like a large floating hotel and we didn't get that feeling on Enchantment.

As for cabins, we had a JS and it was great. Lot's of room, large balcony and everything we needed or wanted.

Whaever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Tanker4

Try doing a search. There have been a lot of threads about EOS lately. Everyone has been raving about her!!!! We're sailing her in Novemeber and can't wait!! I gave up a hump cabin on Radiance for this too.

do you think I will be disappointed with the size of the Enchantment? They will be "wowed" by any ship since they have never been on one.

Enchantment will not be a disappointment. We have been on Navigator, Freedom, Constellation and Westerdam; Enchantment remains one of our favourites. It smaller than the others, but it is well laid out and easy to get around.

It has a great pool deck, the bars are fun and active. The cruise director (Carly) was among the best we have had. The shows are really good, AND, it had the best food we have had on any RCCL ship.

I wish Channie did full week cruises. I'd go on her again in a heartbeat. If you want to see some pics, there is a link in my signature below.

Mike

So, I've been on the Mariner, Serenade and going on the Navigator on the 31st. :D My sister, who cruised only once back in 1987, wants to take my nieces on the Enchantment in December for their 16th birthday (they're twins). Since I have been bitten by the cruise bug in 2005, I am thinking of going with them. (Any excuse to cruise, right!) I know that this ship will be smaller than the Serenade. After being on both the Radiance and Voyager class ships, do you think I will be disappointed with the size of the Enchantment? They will be "wowed" by any ship since they have never been on one. Does anyone have any suggestions for "good" rooms? Also, if I book this for them while on my NOS cruise, do they also get onboard credit? It's only a 5 night cruise so I wasn't sure if maybe they would get a $50 credit.

Thanks for your help/opinions/suggestions, etc. :)

emen, when you get tired of looking at Mike's pictures :), click on the two Enchantment links in my signature.

Try doing a search. There have been a lot of threads about EOS lately. Everyone has been raving about her!!!! We're sailing her in Novemeber and can't wait!! I gave up a hump cabin on Radiance for this too.

Beth, when in November? We just signed up for the week 11/5. I can't wait!

Karen

We were on the 5 nt Enchantment cruise in January...Had our first aft cabin JS and it was wonderful...Would definitely go back on her in a minute...The food, entertainment and crew were wonderful and Julian (the Concierge) made our cruise. You will not be disappointed...Later, Jill:cool:

Archived