Visa ???

cruiseman_tx

I'm just now investigating doing a river cruise for `08, and this forum is providing great information already. The Budapest to Amsterdam route really interests me, so I'd like to know if we visas from any of those countries, or will we be ok with a USA passport?

Thanx in advance for the help.

Ron

Ron,

You should be fine with your US passport. All countries are members of the European Union and there must be a visa waiver program (like we Germans do not need a pre-issued visa for the US if we´re just travelling on vacation). Hungary and the Slovakian Republic are not members of the so called Schengen community so there´s a passport control between Budapest and Bratislava (if you´re stopping there) or Vienna. But you won´t see anything of that. Starting with Austria all other countries you´re cruising through are parts of the Schengen community and there are no passport controls inbetween (the first Schengen country you´re entering is doing the passport control, in your case Austria, and the last Schengen country, Netherlands, is getting you out of the Schengen community).

steamboats

Archived