Transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

pjfnme

The more I watch the airfares go up, the more I am considering flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of MIA. I really don't want to pay 60.00pp for roundtrip airport transfers from Carnival. Can someone recommend a good transfer or limo company who has good rates from FLL to the Port of Miami???

I've done some internet searches but, they are all beginning to look alike to me. I would much rather go with a company that someone has used & liked!

Thanks for the info!!

Does anyone know how long from FLL to MIA? And whats the last pickup from Carnival?

Friend has a 2:00 flight landing in FLL, ship leaves outa Miami. Will she make it? What are your experiances?

Thanks, thought it was ok to post this question here as it related to the OPs.:o

MAO

Guest YesitDonna

We always fly into FLL instead of MIA for our Miami cruises. We generally are there a day before and rent a car. We rent it in FLL with a MIA drop off. All the big car agencies have shuttles from there to the port.

We recieved a recommendation for Larry's Limos for the same transfer for our cruise in August. We found them to be courteous, reliable and reasonably priced.

I found an unexpected charge on our bill, called them and they refunded me immediately with apologies.

I posted before:

Hello. I want to share my experience with Avis car rental from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami port and back. Everything went great. I did one way rental from FLL airport to M6I (avis downtown location), then taxi to port. The taxi is fast 5 minutes ride(costs less or around $10 or so).

As far as I concern, Avis is the best car rental agency for cruiser. I

did the same for M6I to FLL airport. If you have time, you can even tour

around the town since the rental is good for 24 hours.

I also have done the same for Orlando (MCO) to Cape Canaveral. MCO <-> P3F (Avis location). Again, the rental was cheap and taxi from P3F to port is short 5 minutes.

Oh yeah, I also used Avis C031529 AWD discount code booked on Avis.com. It dropped from the regular rate of whooping $90 to $35 on a full size. I use this code all the time, good discount, unlimited mileage, anyone can use, LDW $3000 is included. I booked a full size

and I got a Linconln Town Car.

I thought it might be fun for the DD to have a limo pick us up as she has never ridden in one before. To anyone who has used Larry's Limo..how in the world do you get them to respond to an email?????? I have emailed twice already: to Larrys as well as to Fort Lauderdale Limo and neither one will answer my emails. Is there a better idea???

The DH does NOT want to rent a car...too much trouble for him!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another part to this question...

Carnival has agreed to pick up in Fll and transport to ship in MIA, so should I not worry about friend making it to the ship ok? I just worry if the plane runs alittle late they will leave without her:eek: How eay is it to get a shuttle last minute?

Thanks

MAO

How eay is it to get a shuttle last minute?Thanks MAO

It's very easy, Tri-County Airport Express runs the shared ride shuttle from FLL to Port of Miami for $18 per person. No reservations are required. When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you. ;)

I tried the Avis website for the exact thing you did, FLL to Miami port, and it states that the discount code is a "corporate" code. Do you actually have to have a corporate account, or can anyone use this code? It really makes a difference in the rate!

We just used Tri-County Airport Express when we left for our cruise on 3/16. We weren't able to fly in a day early, snowstorms hit the northeast, and our plane was late into FLL. They got us right into a van (they were loading lots of them to different places) and we got to the Port of Miami with time to spare. $18/pp http://www.floridalimo.com Someone asked how long it takes, and I'm sure it depends on what day of the week it is and the time of day. It's only about 25 miles, but takes around 45 minutes.

I tried the Avis website for the exact thing you did, FLL to Miami port, and it states that the discount code is a "corporate" code. Do you actually have to have a corporate account, or can anyone use this code? It really makes a difference in the rate!

Anyone can use the code. No problem. No ID check ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcw2462 viewpost.gif

I just tried to apply that code and it wouldn't work. Does it expire? Anyone have a discount code for Avis

Thanks

Colleen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcw2462 viewpost.gif

I just tried to apply that code and it wouldn't work. Does it expire? Anyone have a discount code for Avis

Thanks

Colleen

The code works fine right now. After first page of selecting date and location, on the second page enter the code C031529 under AWD box and select lowest rate option. It works wonder for me.

The code works fine right now. After first page of selecting date and location, on the second page enter the code C031529 under AWD box and select lowest rate option. It works wonder for me.

Oh My Gosh I just tried agian and it knocked off almost $35.00. Thanks

Is there any catches? Where do you pick-up when your at the port of Miami? Avis on 2nd street? then taxis to the boat? You've been so helpful, I love this board. Thanks we're taking 11 on the Majesty end of April.

Colleen

A couple more questions. Is it a problem to load all your luggage into the taxi to go from the drop off location to the port, or did you take it to the ship then go drop off the car and take the taxi back? Can the taxi take you all the way to the ship entrance?

One more, on the Avis website it says you don't need a credit card to reserve the car. Is the price you are quoted the actual price, or will it change when you go to collect the car?

Thanks for your helpful information.

Does anyone know how long from FLL to MIA? And whats the last pickup from Carnival?

Friend has a 2:00 flight landing in FLL, ship leaves outa Miami. Will she make it? What are your experiances?

Thanks, thought it was ok to post this question here as it related to the OPs.:o

MAO

I am worried about our flight which is due to land at FLL at 12.10pm for a Mia cruise leaving at 4pm after what I have read on these boards.

I tried to find an earlier same day flight as we cannot travel the day before due to a family engagement, but couldn't get in earlier than this.

I hope your friend makes it but I have heard Mia is a Zoo for luggage etc.

I doubt very much that she would make a 4pm cruise. I hope her cruise leaves later than ours.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I just don't see this happening.

p.s I emailed my pvp at Carnival to ask about this issue. She sent me some company literature outlining Carnival's policy for their transfers.

It advised that transfers can be purchased at FL for transfer to Miami port for guests arriving before 1.30pm. The cost is put on the sail and sign card, no cash accepted.

(regular shuttle transportation is available for $18 per person, she may want to look at a private car or taxi due to time constraints)

Oh My Gosh I just tried agian and it knocked off almost $35.00. Thanks

Is there any catches? Where do you pick-up when your at the port of Miami? Avis on 2nd street? then taxis to the boat? You've been so helpful, I love this board. Thanks we're taking 11 on the Majesty end of April.

Colleen

There is no catch with Avis, after all, they are not Alamo or Enterprise. The closest Avis location to Port of Miami is:

Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 , U S A

(1) 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

This is a stone throw away from the port. If you ask nicely, Avis might drop you off at port. Taking a cab ride is less than 5-10 minutes or costs less than $5-10.

A couple more questions. Is it a problem to load all your luggage into the taxi to go from the drop off location to the port, or did you take it to the ship then go drop off the car and take the taxi back? Can the taxi take you all the way to the ship entrance?

One more, on the Avis website it says you don't need a credit card to reserve the car. Is the price you are quoted the actual price, or will it change when you go to collect the car?

Thanks for your helpful information.

There should be no problem loading your luggage into a taxi. If you ask nicely, maybe Avis people can drop you off at port. Taxi can take you all the way to the ship entrance. There is no hidden fee with Avis. After all, Avis is a business class car rental agency, not like Alamo or Enterprise.