Transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami?

pjfnme

As any frequent traveller can tell you, Hertz or Avis is business class car rental. Cars are clean, process is easy and they don't nickle and dime you for small scratch or insurance.

Where as Alamo/Enterprise/Fox/Payless...etc are exactly opposite. :( You get what you paid for.

The code works fine. Go to Avis.com. On the first screen, enter your rental date & location and click continue. Then on the second select lowest rate and enter C031529 (notice it's C0(Zero)...) in the first box for Avis WorldWide Discount and click continue. If you played around with the avis webiste too many times, open a new browser window to ensure the code function.

The code works fine. Go to Avis.com. On the first screen, enter your rental date & location and click continue. Then on the second select lowest rate and enter C031529 (notice it's C0(Zero)...) in the first box for Avis WorldWide Discount and click continue. If you played around with the avis webiste too many times, open a new browser window to ensure the code function.

• 2 years later...

We also used EASY EXPRESS www.easyexpress.biz Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami.

If you arrive before 12 noon, Fri - Mo: You should ask for the buy one get one free deal. They will not tell you unless you ask. 29.00 p.p.round trip.

If you get a better price, please let us know, always try to save and invest in margaritas. if you pre-cruise-stay in Miami: Hollyday Inn,

Biscayne Blvd. across the Port of Miami, very friendly crew. :)

we also used EASY EXPRESS 954.254.3087..You have to ask for the

buy one - get one free - deal if you arrive before noon, they will not tell you about it. You have to ask. If you find a better price, please let us know, always looking to save and invest in margaritas...pre cruise terrific stay in Holiday Inn, Biscayne Blvd...clean and friendly, across from the Port of Miami :)

• 3 years later...

A recommendation for anyone finding themselves in need of transport between Ft Lauderdale and Miami….. my party of 4 adults flew into Ft Lauderdale airport from New England on Sat 4/6 and needed to get to the Port of Miami to board the Norwegian Epic (which by the way was fabulous!) and the return trip on Sat 4/13. I found several leads on AirportService.com and made several contacts. I chose John Steele of John’s Car Service, LLC, based on his prompt reply (hopefully indicating good customer service!), his price, and what his service included. I must tell you, we couldn’t have been more pleased!!! John was waiting for us at FLL at the prescribed time with an SUV and a trailer for all our luggage. We were transported in comfort and enjoyed “chatting” with John on the 1hr( traffic was heavy at our hour of travel!) trip to Miami. On our arrival back at port the following Sat., we cleared customs on the ship much quicker than expected; we had told John to anticipate our arrival between 8:30-8:45am. We actually were cleared from the ship approx 8:05am, 25min ahead of schedule. We called John and let him know we were ready for pickup, and his (gorgeous!) black stretch limo picked us up within 5min. which was great for us because we had anticipated we might have cut ourselves tight on the time needed to make our homebound flight. In light of our experience, I feel you would be hard pressed to find a more professional, helpful, prompt, or less expensive transfer service than John’s, and I will keep his card in my file for anytime I have need of any “taxi” (I reluctantly use that term because he was so much more than that!!) service in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area in the future! I feel extremely confident in recommending John’s to anyone who finds themselves needing such a service! He can be reached at johnscarservice@bellsouth.net or at 954-303-8747. Hope you enjoy your trip!!

Pat L from CT

• 3 years later...

After some research, we chose to use MJ Transfers. Like many of you stated, flights nto FLL are often less expensive than MIA, and personally, if I come in a day early, I prefer the FLL area. MJ has a long list of hotels in FLL from which they will pick you up and they also do airport pickups. They use CLEAN, modern, Mercedes vans which are very comfortable. I submitted my information through there online system and had a reply within a few hours. A few days before our trip, a 2nd email came reconfirming our time/place for pickup and giving us a local number for day of transfer. Unfortunately, our flights were cancelled and we had to change all plans for a pickup at airport the next day. I contacted MJ Transfers who told me not to worry, they'd be at the airport for us. In all the stress of rebooking, I failed to tell them my new flight, but had mentioned it arrived around 9:00 a.m. When we got off the plane, my phone was ringing and it was Ray with MJ calling to let me know he was waiting for us & asking what flight we were on so that he could confirm pick-up location. Excellent service! Again, upon our return into MIA from our cruise, our transfer plans had fallen through. When we arrived into port I called MJ Tours and they were waiting for us when we cleared customs. Can't recommend this company enough! Also, price was way less than NCL would have charged. Cruise line wanted $25.00/pp to FLL and we had to disembark with earliest group, 7:45 a.m. Our flight wasn't until 8:00 p.m. that evening so wanted to stay on ship as long as possible. MJ Tours was only $15.00/pp AND they told us how to get our luggage stored for the day so that we didn't waste our time sitting in airport but spent it sailing the intercoastal waterway, shopping, & dining in downtown Ft Lauderdale! Especially want to say thanks to Ray. He was the best!