What's the ONE thing I should do on Carnival?

Drew B

Do your self a favor and don't go - book on a cruise line with good food and good service and have a REALLY good cruise!

And I am sure you would never book a Carnival cruise for someone who comes to you as a customer now would you?

If you think Carnival is so bad you'd better not take a dime from anyone who wants to use them.

Go with a positive attitude and don't compare anything on on Carnival with the way it was done on Celebrity. That wasn't easy for me but you truly need to realize a 3-day cruise on Carnival will not compare to a 7-day Alaska on Celebrity. They are two totally separate products. Hope you and your sister have a totally relaxing and GREAT time!

It was a 13-day Alaska cruise on Celebrity... Yes, I know it will be a totally different experience, but whereas I had to plan for over a year in order to take the necessary time off work for the 13-day trip (and ended up paying for it at work for about two months afterwards), I can do this long-weekend trip without a lot of stress or headache. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm also a bit younger and a bit less "stodgy" than the typical Celebrity client. I had a great time with them, but I bet I can have a great time with a younger, slightly rowdier crowd, too!

[Oh, and I didn't mean to mislead anybody -- I've sailed Carnival before - a week-long Mexican Riviera on Elation - but it was about six years ago, and I didn't know about Cruise Critic at the time. I was asking this question because, as experts, y'all may know of things I didn't experience last time. I thought the food and service on Carnival were excellent. Different from on Celebrity, but neither better nor worse, just different]

Sorry....I realized you said 13 day after I posted. Even less of a comparison.

However, based on what you've stated....you're absolutely right. I think I almost enjoy the fast and quick trips more than I do the ones that we plan for a year or more.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers that have never been on Carnival but think it's their place to set the world straight. :rolleyes: You know what you're doing and you're going to have a great time without all the planning hassles and stress. Hope your cruise is all you want it to be! :)

Archived