Final payment

bubbles1209

Wohoo!!!!!!! We made final payment today (yes, we paid it off early) on our June Valor cruise:D What a way to spend that Lordy Lordy birthday!! :D I can't wait!!! Only 93 more days...........:eek: Now we can start saving for our cruise in late January:D

Wohoo!!!!!!! We made final payment today (yes, we paid it off early) on our June Valor cruise:D What a way to spend that Lordy Lordy birthday!! :D I can't wait!!! Only 93 more days...........:eek: Now we can start saving for our cruise in late January:D

Now, how about paying mine !!

What value is there paying it off early???

We could always pay but don't because:

Less leverage with cruiseline on reductions.

Cruiseline collects interest, instead of us, pennies yes, but they are MINE.

Limits choices for cruise insurance.

Good for you! We did that with our last cruise and it was such a great feeling! This upcoming was so expensive and had some financial hardship that we didn't expect at the time our final payment was due that we ended up paying it a few days late...not the best feeling...I love the feeling of being paid off lol!

What value is there paying it off early???

We could always pay but don't because:

Less leverage with cruiseline on reductions.

Cruiseline collects interest, instead of us, pennies yes, but they are MINE.

Limits choices for cruise insurance.

How does paying off your cruise early limit your cruise insurance? I always pay my cruise off when it's due but just curious about the insurance.

Bill

How does paying off your cruise early limit your cruise insurance? I always pay my cruise off when it's due but just curious about the insurance.

Bill

Most insurance policies are required to be in effect when you pay in full.

My sister wanted to pay off her Sept cruise now but I talked her out of it. I believe you have a better chance of getting the price knocked down if it's not all paid off. Plus there are no benefits to paying it off months ahead of time (except the feeling that it's all paid for). Far better to leave the money in your savings account than let the cruise companies have the small amount of interest. JMHO...

My sister wanted to pay off her Sept cruise now but I talked her out of it. I believe you have a better chance of getting the price knocked down if it's not all paid off. Plus there are no benefits to paying it off months ahead of time (except the feeling that it's all paid for). Far better to leave the money in your savings account than let the cruise companies have the small amount of interest. JMHO...

Exactly, and it is not that hard to remember to pay it off, we think about it all the time, even though on a multiple cabin trip, DW forgot to pay one, and we lost a great cabin. Now she has everything on her PDA and on the computer both, she get reminders...

We're sailing on the Valor on the 17th of June - I was thinking about calling in my last payment today. Need to get my insurance in line first...Can't wait to sail the Valor! For Us, once we pay off one cruise, we book the next!!!! Our New Year's Resolution for 2007 was 2 cruises each year.... (any that was hubby's idea!)

I also paid off my June Glory cruise last week. The final is due in about 4 weeks. I prefer to go ahead and pay it off a "little" early if I can so it is one less expense I have to worry about. I also pre-pay my gratuities....I really like to board the ship knowing that my sail and sign card will have nothing but important stuff on it, like FOO FOO's :D . Also, my summer, peak season cruise, is not likely to go down in price, but if it does, I will gladly accept an on-board credit to buy more FOO FOO's:D. I have a great PVP who had already helped me with price drops and I feel certain that she will continue if necessary. Each person had thier own reason for paying how they do and there is no need to flame them for thier choices!:o

Each person had thier own reason for paying how they do and there is no need to flame them for thier choices!:o

I agree wholeheartedly!!! I know tht it makes more financial sense for me to put that money in the bank and earn interest instead of paying it on the cruise, but I just can't help myself!!!!!:eek: It's not the same mentally, I just can't explain it!!!!

Wohoo!!!!!!! We made final payment today (yes, we paid it off early) on our June Valor cruise:D What a way to spend that Lordy Lordy birthday!! I can't wait!!! Only 93 more days...........:eek: Now we can start saving for our cruise in late January:D

I remember when you were planning your first cruise!!:) Look at you now - almost to number 3 already!! Congratulations!! :D

Each person had thier own reason for paying how they do and there is no need to flame them for thier choices!:o

There was no flaming coming from me...I was merely stating why I wait until due date to pay and telling you why I convinced my sister to wait.

:confused: :confused: not sure what that means?

...just that if you are considering insurance, you would have to buy it within a week or so (can't remember the rules) of final payment. So you would have to do it then, if something came up between now and when the cruiseline final payment was due, you would be out some premium that you otherwise could have saved...

Just one of my wild wear your lightning protection underwear scenarios...:p

There are other policies that can be bought later, but they are much more expensive and have pre-exist clauses that are very strict.

...just that if you are considering insurance, you would have to buy it within a week or so (can't remember the rules) of final payment. So you would have to do it then, if something came up between now and when the cruiseline final payment was due, you would be out some premium that you otherwise could have saved...

There are other policies that can be bought later, but they are much more expensive and have pre-exist clauses that are very strict.

Ok yes I get what you are saying...it doesn't pertain to us because we always take out our insurance when we book. If you have any pre existing medical problems you have up to two weeks after your book. Father in law has a heart conditon....

I personally would not pay it off early either....

You do not have to buy insurance before final payment although it would be wise. If you make your final payment and have to cancel a week later you'd lose your deposit without insurance. You can still but it later though and it still cost the same. Of course you won't be covered for pre existing conditions.

Bill

Archived