Packing list

I tried to attach a packing list I copied from a CC packing thread a couple of years ago. It's very comprehensive - a 4p. Word document!

I usually print it & then cross out what we don't need for that specific trip. No go - it was too big. I'll try to figure out something tomorrow. :(

So, for those of you travelling in pairs, do you each have your own separate bags, or do you cross-pack?

We cross-pack for a few reasons -

1. For just a weekend we can get away with only 1 bag.

2. I try to pack outfits together. If 1 bag goes astray, at least we both have some clothing & other personal items.

3. Love him, but can't trust him to get everything packed. That & I'm a little bit of a control freak. :o

I think I know that packing list :rolleyes: , I think I crossed off 75 items before I even got out of the carry on section!

Happy ks, I agree with all of your suggestion except for the underwear one. I am paranoid about running out of underwear and like to change a lot, especially when it is hot, so that's the one thing I don't scrimp on. Panties take up so little room - i just roll them and stuff them everwhere in the suitcase - inside shoes, in corners, etc.

I take plenty of underwear! I just don't care to go home with 16 pair of dirty underwear (X 2 people = 32 pair) and the fact they get pretty ripe after a week in a ziploc :eek: . I probably take about 10 pair, washing once mid-week, when I still have a few left that are still clean. We send DH's out. Probably the stink factor has more to do with this than anything else!

Houndmom that was amazing. i have copied and pasted your list and started to change it to suit my needs. Our next trip is actually for 16 days so we will need a little bit more. (Cruise for 7 and Venice/Rome and Dubai for the others)

Could you come and pack for me? I always tend to take the 'just in case' stuff. Rarely do I use it.

Hehe...I'd LOVE to come pack for you... just send me a ticket to Australia and I'll be there! :D

There was something earlier about daytime shoes, and that is a good point. If you are are going to be somewhere on an excursion, you may need a really good sneaker or the excursion could possibly have shoe requirements. Sometimes, even when you are in areas that do tours, they will say your legs have to be covered or your shoulders, or you must wear closed toe shoes. I don't know if that has happened to anyone here, but it was a thought for me.

5 swimsuits for an 8 day cruise seemed a bit high, but I can imagine it depends on the person. I'd certainly dry them out in between, maybe only bring 3?

One thing I like to do is make a list of the basics - makeup, Advil, etc. Then with closing put together the outfits first, right down to the underclothes and jewelry. This way, you know you will have the right undergarments for the outfits. Shoes can certainly be tamed by thinking if those white sandals go with more than one outfit and so forth.

All sorts of ways to tackle this one, eh?

Archived