Are there really no clocks?

On AOS last week, there was a teeny-tiny clock on the phone, but you can barely see it during the day, let alone when it's dark! Bring a travel alarm since you cannot expect full-time cell service which would allow you to use a cell phone as your clock/alarm.

We're on vacation--why do we really NEED a clock? You should have a watch for shore excursions (don't want to miss the ship!). There is a small digital readout on the phone if you MUST know what time it is! There are big clocks all over the ship. That's the point of cruising, tho--not following a clock!

Why do we need a clock? Well the OP wanted to know:)

I can also see where with an inside cabin with no distinction between daylight and nighttime.........I too would want to know.:)

Why do we need a clock? Well the OP wanted to know:)

I can also see where with an inside cabin with no distinction between daylight and nighttime.........I too would want to know.:)

Your phone is your clock and alarm, should you need one.

As Joe said, the phone can be programmed for wake-up calls to serve as an alarm; the tiny clock on the phone is the only clock in the room. I think I remember the Cruise Compass channel on the TV also having the time on it.

Why do you need a clock? Well, after partying till the wee hours, some of us need a little help getting up on time for our excursions! :D

mommabean

If I remember correctly..........big clocks are out on the pool deck.......could be wrong but remember big ones on some of the ships we have been on.

Why do you need a clock? Well, after partying till the wee hours, some of us need a little help getting up on time for our excursions! :D

LOL - so true! :D

We just used the little clock on the phone, and if we had an earlier excursion we asked for a wake-up call.

mommabean

If I remember correctly..........big clocks are out on the pool deck.......could be wrong but remember big ones on some of the ships we have been on.

Well, that explains why I haven't seen it. I'm definitely not a chair hog. :) I never sat in a pool chair on board and have never been in a cruise ship pool. I have been on the pool deck though. I guess it just wasn't long enough to wonder about the time and start looking around.

It seems like there would be one in the dining room so we'd know when we better get out for the next group. Although I always notice the place emptying out so I always assume it is time to leave. Or maybe the little speech about what's on the menu for the next night is the hint. So, maybe there is no clock in there either.

I don't recall seeing any clocks in the formal dining room; I guess the next day's activity description is indeed the clue to leave!

I have seen clocks on the promenade deck - they come in handy when I'm sitting out in a chair reading/napping/watching the sea go by (and forgot to put a watch on). After all, I wouldn't want to miss lunch! :D

I don't recall seeing any clocks in the formal dining room; I guess the next day's activity description is indeed the clue to leave!

I have seen clocks on the promenade deck - they come in handy when I'm sitting out in a chair reading/napping/watching the sea go by (and forgot to put a watch on). After all, I wouldn't want to miss lunch! :D

I don't either........come to think of it..........guess you can't be late for dinner:D

There are also two big clocks in the Promenade on the walls in all Voyager and Freedom class ships. So as you walk up and down all you have to do is look up. Yes, doesn't help you while in the room unless you have a Promenade cabin and wnat to peek out the window.

I agree the clocks on the phones are totally to dark to consider them useful for seeing at night.

We bring a battery powered alarm clock and use it only if we need to set it.

We're on vacation--why do we really NEED a clock? You should have a watch for shore excursions (don't want to miss the ship!). There is a small digital readout on the phone if you MUST know what time it is! There are big clocks all over the ship. That's the point of cruising, tho--not following a clock!
When I wake up before it's light out it's nice to know whether it's 2:00AM or 6:00AM without having to do more than open my eyes and look. If it's 2:00AM, I'll close my eyes, if it's 6:00AM, I'll get up and go get some coffee.

And before you say it, I can barely read the time on the phone in full daylight with my glasses on - in the dark without them, not a chance.

This is one of the things I hated about the PR cabins - not being able to see the sky to tell what time of day it was. We were in one right by the large clock, so we at least had that.

I have heard that there is a channel on the tv that shows the outside, maybe the bow, of the ship... which also will show if it's day or nite... but I've never tried it.

As Joe said, the phone can be programmed for wake-up calls to serve as an alarm; the tiny clock on the phone is the only clock in the room. I think I remember the Cruise Compass channel on the TV also having the time on it.

I totally agree with Cindy, do you really want to miss an excursion?

Being on vacation is one thing, but being able to get up in time for an excursion or meeting friends, etc. is another. Nobody was asking about clocks all over the ship, just about the cabin.

So the answer to the OP, yes bring a travel alarm clock, which you can use as a back-up to the phone incase you do not program it correctly.

To be on time for excursions? To be on time for dinner? (God forbid I should miss a meal!)

Felicia

Archived