over the door shoe hanger..best tip!!

kevinsmom

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the woman who suggested the over the door shoe hanger for the cruise. it was the absolute best thing i brought w/me. we hung it on the back of the bathroom door and it held all our junk and the baby's stuff. it reduced clutter and make everything easy to find. everyone who saw it thought it was such a great idea. and it doesn't take up a lot of space packing. i just ret from the dawn yesterday w/my16 mo old...any questions or suggestions...ask away...

Gina

I found that over the show holder works very well if there are more then 2 people sailing in the same room. With 5 of us on the Sensation that shoe holder was thee best invention. It DOES save on the clutter- in the bathroom and in the cabin itself. I think that is one of the reasons we were able to sail so well with 5 of us.

About a year ago I read about the over the door shoe holder on these boards. Since we have a young child, I decided to give it a try on our next vacation. It worked out so well that I wouldn't even consider traveling without it again, especially when traveling with small children.

My husband just rolled his eyes when I asked him to pack it the first time. Now he is actually the one making sure it's in the suitcase before we leave. :D

Kevinsmom, did you use the in-cabin babysitting service at all?

Kevinsmom, did you use the in-cabin babysitting service at all?

i don't think NCL has it or maybe it was that they needed to be at least 2 yrs old. but no, i didn't use it and i probably wouldn't have b/c my son is very attached to me. but luckily i went w/my family, so i did have some help. my parents watched him two nights when we went to dinner. he didn't like staying in the room, all he wanted to do was walk the halls! we brought a laptop and thank God for the wiggles b/c it kept him busy in the room :)

Gina

I tried the OTDSH on our last cruise with two kids, and it was a godsend. So much so that I came home and immediately added it to my infant/toddler packing list. Having 24 easy-to-see compartments to organize everything was perfect. I have already added it to my packing list for our first family trip to Disney World in December! :)

This is the best item for many reasons: small children; small cabins and bunches of other reasons. My daughter was able to find all her crayons and stuff; I was able to find matching pairs of her shoes and the upper part held things I didn't want her to touch, i.e. medicines and razors.

I agree...this is not just for those traveling with small children. We have a 15 year old and she found it very useful as well. It was easy for her to keep all her items within reach as well as find things for her little sister. We will defintely travel with this on all our vacations!

KevinsMom, I don't know why I just assumed you were traveling on RCI. My bad. I don't think NCL offers incabin baby-sitting. Unfortunately, we don't have any living grandparents that we could take with us on vacation...otherwise that is what we would do. Glad to hear you had a great cruise.

we take one on each cruise and it is usually DH & myself. Also found that since I do not need these at home and they are fairly inexpensive we ask our cabin steward if he wanted it...he had one already but had another steward come by that did want it. Since they do not have much space in their staterooms it comes in especially handy for a 2 person room. Just a thought if you only use it once every year or so.

Archived