Just back from Legend W. Carib

We are still in Tampa flying home to 15 inches of snow tomorrow. Will be writing an extremely long review but until then I will answer any questions regarding the ship or the ports of call-Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel.

We did a nextcruise booking as well hoping to book the Explorer 9 night for next year once I know when my vacation is.

Will be doing this same cruise in just about a month. Can't wait to read your review - which I hope will have good things to say. I have so many questions I don't know what to ask - just thought of one! We have an excursion booked for 8:30am in Belize. Is this unrealistic? The company we are using booked the time. Have never tendered before so I was just wondering.

Sorry to hear about your trip home to snow. I guess it's a plus to live here in Central FL. Travel safe and I will be looking for your review!

I don't think that 8:30 is unreasonable. We traveled the week of 2/17 and we had an early excursion through RCI and they had us meeting right away in the theater at 7am for the first tenders. I am sure that they would also accomodate people that need to tender early for outside excursions as well. It is a rather long tender itself though, probably around 10 minutes just on the water.

Ok. Thanks. I was planning on going to Guest Relations during a quiet time and show them our confirmation and ask what to do. I just worry about these "little" details. By the way, how was the weather? Was it really hot? I heard that this is one of the best times to do Belize - before it gets too awful.

In regards to Belize-they are going to be two hours behind DST. If you change your clocks on board, you may only be an hour behind. Our tour was for 7:30 belize time with Coral Breeze tours (excellent tour BTW). The tender is a long ride, about 15-20 minutes.

Jamie and I got SEVERE sunburns in Belize-enough that we did not go to lobster night. I am still hurting 5 days later, but on the mend. Wear heavy duty sunscreen and try to find shade wherever you go. But it was a beautiful place.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it. We are Central Floridians so we are pretty used to sun but plan to bring extra heavy duty sunblock. I will pay close attention to shiptime vs. local time. Can't wait to read the review and thanks for the insight!!:)

We did cave tubeing with X-stream in Belize and had to be at the pier at 8:30. No problem. I loved Legend, and I'm sorry to see her winter homeport will be in the Dominican Republic in 2008. It was so much easier leaving out of Tampa!

here's the link to my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=494069&highlight=Legend+OTS+2-3-07

Archived