Only 1 Whirlpool on Mercury???

Tatka

This is strange... I am looking at different 360 Virtual tours of Mercury (one of them on X www site) and noticed that there is only 1 whirlpool (next to the pools). I remember on Century there were 4 and they were never empty. (On similar size Splendour of the seas there are 2 by open pool and 2 in solarium)

I can only imagine how crowded whirlpool on Mercury gets during sea days.:(

Tatka - Our cruise is so port intensive, we'll hardly have time for the whirlpools :).

Marie

We just did port intensive cruise in Mediterranean ...but still found time to enjoy whirlpools, ;) oh well , my husband will be probably disappointed but at least he'll like X food and service more!!! :D

Mercury has at least 3 hot tubs and that doesn't include the T-pool in the Aqua Spa.

The T-Pool is the way to go in my opinion. The jets are much stronger than any hot tub or whirlpool I've ever been in and the "Giant Spighot" things are the BEST. The only drawback is the $10 daily charge for T-pool use but I think it's more than worth it. If you are in a suite, you can use it for free I believe and if you're not, they also offer multi-day passes at a slight discount depending on the length of your cruise.

The "giant spighots" are definately the best (it's like standing under a waterfall and simply can't be beat for messaging sore shoulders) but the other jets or "stations" are nice too and the metal bar/benches are also wonderful.

As an added FYI... The Sauna's and steam room are also in the same area of the aqua spa as the t-pool and they are free to everyone although often overlooked as most think as with the pool, there is a charge but that's not the case. The sauna's are in the respective changing areas and the steam room is just off the t-pool and is coed.

The Sauna's and steam room are also in the same area of the aqua spa as the t-pool and they are free to everyone although often overlooked as most think as with the pool, there is a charge but that's not the case.

When we were on Mercury in May, there was a charge to use the steam room. The dry saunas might be free though. If you pay to use the T-pool, the steam room is included. If you pay for any spa services, then the T-pool and steam room may be free on the same day.

I was on the Mercury in July and there were 3 hot tubs in the main pool area and one forward near the kids pool. My sister and I did the T-pool and it was great because since there was charge it wasn't very crowded.

Valerie

Hi, DKDB: You pay to use the T-pool at the spa desk. You have to walk by the desk to get in to the locker rooms, and there's a window from the desk area to the pool area. I'd recommend paying for the whole trip so you don't hesitate to use it every day. If you enjoyed the pool on the Summit I think you'll enjoy the Mercury even more. It's less crowded, smaller, and thus more "therapeutic" than the larger pools. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I think Celebrity made a mistake in opening up the Thallassotherapy pools to everyone for free on the larger, M-class ships. Now people treat them as if they're just another place to swim, and not a therapeutic regime.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan. Having had two knee surgeries and back surgery, a warm soak in the mineral waters does wonders for me!

T-pool is great. In addition to being included with some spa services and free of charge to those in suites, it is also free to Captain's Club Elite (10+ cruises completed) members. Jets are stronger and more therapeutic (at least on Galaxy, which is same Century class ship) than on the Millennium class ships.

I was on the Mercury last month. I remember 3 whirlpools which were usually occupied by fully clothed Islamic women. The T pools were $20 per day not $10. They were great but almost always empty due to the steep price in my opinion. They may have dropped the price due to the inactivity.

I don't think the temp is adjustable but I don't like hot tubs either and I was able to stay in it for about 20-25 minutes. Sorry but I'm not very good at temperatures so I don't know exactly how hot it was. I thought it was just comfortable And LAKECPA is right. It was $20 a day and you get a discount if you sign up for the whole week. I agree with BRUCEMDDOU. We paid for the whole week and that forced us to use it everyday. Like I said, we didn't find it to be very crowded but we tended to use it between 3 and 5 when alot of people either weren't back from shore yet or were getting ready for dinner. We also really enjoyed the saunas and the steam room.

Valerie

How much was the discount? We are going on a 12 day Alaskan cruise in September on the Mercury. I used it once on the Galaxy in 8/99 as it was free with some spa services and it was WONDERFUL! I definitely want my husband and I to use it but $20 each is kind of steep.

Thanks,

Lydia

Archived