We Made It....thank You Thank You Thank You

we made it to san juan everyone...and no heart aches at least major ones...and it was very touch and go at one point friday afternoon...after working a half day at the office i went home to finish packing and tie up some loose ends...checked the airline web site and everything ws still go for saturday...minneapolis to newark and the on to san juan...well then **** hit the fan...the snow storm of the yr hits the east coast and the plans start to come apart at the seems...at 3:30 friday afternoon my darling wife checks the flight status for continental and a little shreek comes from her lips that can't be repeated...you guessed it...the second legg of saturdays trip got cancelled by continental..i tried calling them and are circuts were tied up...screw this ****...i went to the airport which is only 15 minutes from the house with my 2 sister in laws who are also traveling on the ship of fools...either the desk people for continental at the minneapolis airport aren't the brightest folks or they just learn a little slowly...after 10 minutes of expalining we told them that the plans need to change...by this time newark had closed and we were in troube of not getting to san juan by sunday...god was looking down on the 3 of us...they were able to get us out of minneaplois 3 hrs later...and we were off to detroit...not newark...i called my wife and said honey i'm coming home to change be ready in 15 minutes to go to the airport...my 2 sister inlaws did the same...after an hour delay in leaving minneapolis we finally took of at 10 pm and headed to detroit...with no hotel room to speak of becuase of the ncaa westerling tourny...we got to the detroit airport around 1am and got our boarding pass for the flight at 8:30 saturday morning...then it was off to find some where soft to lay the tired body down for couple of hrs...ya sure...hard floors aren't soft...and the chairs in detroit aren't...3...4...5...am came an went and we got in line and headed off to secuirty and back to the gate...left detroit at 9:20 after de-icing and headed to san juan and made it here by 1:30...almost 3 hrs ealier then our original time when we were to go thru newark...stayed at the marriott miramar last nite and they are allowing me to use their internet service free to log this thead...hotel is ok...for one nite it was do able...ate dinner at a local place 3 blocks from the hotel at the reccomdation of the hotel staff...ok dinner...the drinks were pretty reasonable...got 10 hrs of much needed sleep to make up for 2 nites...going to brakefast soon at the same place as last nite and then we are off to the pier around 10:45...it's been a crazy 48 hrs but now the fun really starts...SIP'N AND SMIL'N ON THE ADVENTURE 2007...will give you guys a detailed report on the 26th...

Mike - I'd read your earlier posts and really felt for you. Vacations aren't meant to be as stressful as your started out to be.

I'm so glad that everything worked out for you...

Have a wonderful cruise!

Cindy

we made it to san juan everyone...and no heart aches at least major ones...and it was very touch and go at one point friday afternoon...after working a half day at the office i went home to finish packing and tie up some loose ends...checked the airline web site and everything ws still go for saturday...minneapolis to newark and the on to san juan...well then **** hit the fan...the snow storm of the yr hits the east coast and the plans start to come apart at the seems...at 3:30 friday afternoon my darling wife checks the flight status for continental and a little shreek comes from her lips that can't be repeated...you guessed it...the second legg of saturdays trip got cancelled by continental..i tried calling them and are circuts were tied up...screw this ****...i went to the airport which is only 15 minutes from the house with my 2 sister in laws who are also traveling on the ship of fools...either the desk people for continental at the minneapolis airport aren't the brightest folks or they just learn a little slowly...after 10 minutes of expalining we told them that the plans need to change...by this time newark had closed and we were in troube of not getting to san juan by sunday...god was looking down on the 3 of us...they were able to get us out of minneaplois 3 hrs later...and we were off to detroit...not newark...i called my wife and said honey i'm coming home to change be ready in 15 minutes to go to the airport...my 2 sister inlaws did the same...after an hour delay in leaving minneapolis we finally took of at 10 pm and headed to detroit...with no hotel room to speak of becuase of the ncaa westerling tourny...we got to the detroit airport around 1am and got our boarding pass for the flight at 8:30 saturday morning...then it was off to find some where soft to lay the tired body down for couple of hrs...ya sure...hard floors aren't soft...and the chairs in detroit aren't...3...4...5...am came an went and we got in line and headed off to secuirty and back to the gate...left detroit at 9:20 after de-icing and headed to san juan and made it here by 1:30...almost 3 hrs ealier then our original time when we were to go thru newark...stayed at the marriott miramar last nite and they are allowing me to use their internet service free to log this thead...hotel is ok...for one nite it was do able...ate dinner at a local place 3 blocks from the hotel at the reccomdation of the hotel staff...ok dinner...the drinks were pretty reasonable...got 10 hrs of much needed sleep to make up for 2 nites...going to brakefast soon at the same place as last nite and then we are off to the pier around 10:45...it's been a crazy 48 hrs but now the fun really starts...SIP'N AND SMIL'N ON THE ADVENTURE 2007...will give you guys a detailed report on the 26th...

We were all discussing your situation here yesterday and whether or not you made it. So glad to hear you did!!! We were all cheering you on yesterday. Enjoy the cruise!! There were others on the board that were not as lucky and are flying into Jamaica to catch the ship and miss a couple days of their cruises, so thank your lucky stars that you were able to rearrange things.

Have a wonderful, wonderful cruise!!!!

hi daddy, hope you don't mind me using your name, its like your talking to yourself...ps. your quite dramatic...and you didn't metion the stupid arline calling our house at 2:45 in the morning telling us your original flight was canceled...love ya have a good time

Love, the youngest

hi daddy, hope you don't mind me using your name, its like your talking to yourself...ps. your quite dramatic...and you didn't metion the stupid arline calling our house at 2:45 in the morning telling us your original flight was canceled...love ya have a good time

Love, the youngest

You are so sweet !!!

Hi mikeblum,

I have been reading all your posts since you have been anxiously awaiting to go, right down until the dreaded snow hit.

It is so good to read you did make it after all. Not in the best and most comfortable of traveling conditions, but you are there now.

Have a wonderful time and if possible keep us posted on how it is.

Enjoy that cruise!!

Alexis

YEAH MIKE B!!! So happy you made it. You were in my thoughts and prayers since Friday. Relax and enjoy your trip, you definitely deserve it now. Expect a full report upon your return. Especially since I'll be on AOS 8 April. Please Weather gods NO MORE SNOW please!!! :eek:

Also glad to see you made it. Have done some checking around today (Sunday) and some flights on the east coast are still not back on schedule yet because of equipment location. You did great connecting through Detroit instead of coming this way. American's non-stop from Hartford to San Juan which is supposed to leave at 7:30 AM is listed as leaving at 5:30 this evening!!:eek: :eek: It will land 45 minutes before Adventure sails.

Let everything go that you have been though the past few days and enjoy your week aboard that magnificant ship. I've been back a week now and all I think about is being back on the Adventure.

YEAH MIKE B!!! So happy you made it. You were in my thoughts and prayers since Friday. Relax and enjoy your trip, you definitely deserve it now. Expect a full report upon your return. Especially since I'll be on AOS 8 April. Please Weather gods NO MORE SNOW please!!! :eek:

Not to scare you or anything, my mother's bday is April 7th and almost every year it snows within 3 days of her bday and then that is the last one of the season. But the good news is, I can't ever remember it snowing enough to create any kind of airport issues, so I think you will be very safe. It is usually just a minutes of snow and then it is gone. Happy trails to you, enjoy your cruise, we did.

So happy that you guys made it!! :p Many of us were following the storm event and our fellow cruisers...many well wishes were sent to you.

What a long strange trip?? But when you get back be sure to print out this thread and include it in your scrapbook of this cruise vacation.... later, this might very well be the trip most talked about!

Have a fantastic time!

image.php?code=0XT13240cbXk17Xs14XCaribbean%20Princess

Archived