World Cup Cricket question

dalyn

We will be in Barbados on April 17th on Norwegian Pearl. If England reach the latter stages of the World Cup they play in Barbados on this day. Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay at the gate to get to see part of the match? Thanks for your help.

We will be in Barbados on April 17th on Norwegian Pearl. If England reach the latter stages of the World Cup they play in Barbados on this day. Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay at the gate to get to see part of the match? Thanks for your help.

dalyn...unfortunately ALL the matches for the Super 8 and Final in Barbados are sold out. You are not able to buy tickets on the day anyway and you are not allowed in close proximity of Kensington without a ticket or Accreditation, security is very strict.

Success . . . the wonders of e-bay!! We have managed to get 3 tickets to see this match. Bought from someone in UK who is now unable to travel. Will really make our day in Barbados truly memorable (well that is if England win). Thank you both for your replies. Lyn.

Success . . . the wonders of e-bay!! We have managed to get 3 tickets to see this match. Bought from someone in UK who is now unable to travel. Will really make our day in Barbados truly memorable (well that is if England win). Thank you both for your replies. Lyn.

Thats great Lyn...you are very lucky.

Howver if England are playing the West Indies on that date...they will not win..:D but hey... you would have enjoyed a great day of Cricket...;)

Hope you enjoy your visit

Thanks Keith, England will be playing South Africa on that day, so won't be losing against West Indies (not on that day anyway)!!. Could you tell me if the ground is within walking distance of the port? Had a look on Google Earth and it doesn't look that far or are we best to get a taxi? Thanks. Lyn.

Thanks Keith, England will be playing South Africa on that day, so won't be losing against West Indies (not on that day anyway)!!. Could you tell me if the ground is within walking distance of the port? Had a look on Google Earth and it doesn't look that far or are we best to get a taxi? Thanks. Lyn.

Hi Lyn,

The ground is just a stone's throw away from the port. Its less than a five minute walk. You will have no problem finding the ground. There will be volunteers (who you can't miss) stationed in close proximity to the ship who will direct you to the ground.

Good luck against South Africa that should be a good game. I am also a volunteer(usher) and will be working in the stands so who knows we may run into each other.:) depending on the stand you are in.

Keith, our tickets are in the Hewitt & Innes stand. What do you think of the new look ground? Looks like it's had a lot of work carried out on it.

Lyn.

Keith, our tickets are in the Hewitt & Innes stand. What do you think of the new look ground? Looks like it's had a lot of work carried out on it.

Lyn.

Hi Lyn,

The new ground is GREAT:D. ALL the stands have been torn down and rebuilt and the outfield has been enlarged so it is almost like a new ground. You will have a very good view in the Hewitt & Inniss stand.

I don't know if you have been to Kensington before...but even though its expanded it still has not lost its intimacy. You WILL enjoy the ambiance of the ground and the game. See you there:)

Would it be worthwhile to make our way from the port to the World Cup Cricket Stadium (coming in on the Sun Princess at 9 a.m. on Sat. April 14---

I don't think that there's a match that day, but would they be practicing? Could we watch if they are?

Kieth,

We will be coming off the Galaxy on Saturday the 21. We have already booked tickets for the game between WI/ENG. The question I have and need help is, where do we leave our bags for the day. Ourr flight is later in the day and we are looking forward to watching the game until we depart for the airport sometime around 2:00PM that day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pi

Would it be worthwhile to make our way from the port to the World Cup Cricket Stadium (coming in on the Sun Princess at 9 a.m. on Sat. April 14---

I don't think that there's a match that day, but would they be practicing? Could we watch if they are?

You will not be aloud to enter kengiston during a reserve day. It will be off limits to anyone without accreditation. Teams will be practicing at other venues. maybe Keith can get that info as each island has approved practice grounds.

meyratfur....There will be nothing happening at Kensington during the days there is not cricket.They are a few practice grounds but at this point you don't know which teams will be using which. The practice grounds are: Weymouth Cricket Ground, Windward Cricket Ground and the 3W's Oval.

Weymouth and 3W's are just on the outskirts of Bridgetown(about 10-15 minutes byt taxi depending on traffic) Windward is on the Eastern side of the island (about 30 minutes.)

I can't say at this point when/if they will practice that day...but depending on when your ship is leaving you can plan your visit accordingly.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask

Kieth,

We will be coming off the Galaxy on Saturday the 21. We have already booked tickets for the game between WI/ENG. The question I have and need help is, where do we leave our bags for the day. Ourr flight is later in the day and we are looking forward to watching the game until we depart for the airport sometime around 2:00PM that day. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pi

Pi...this is something I will need to ask about and get back to you. In the interim you could probably check with the cruise line and see if there maybe storage available at the port.:confused:

I will however ask someone at the LOC about it.

As you probably already know you will not be able to bring your bags into the stadium so you will definitely need some place to store your bags.

I will get back to you ASAP

Keith sorry to hijack this thread - but we will be in Barbados in November, is there any cricket being played everyday somewhere, maybe a high school match. I am Brit expat and would love to watch a match for a couple of hours.

Keith sorry to hijack this thread - but we will be in Barbados in November, is there any cricket being played everyday somewhere, maybe a high school match. I am Brit expat and would love to watch a match for a couple of hours.

jimc_....cricket is not played every competively during this time but November is actually in the middle of our local cricket season(which is played weekends)

So the timeframe and day you will be in the island will determine how much if any cricket you get to see.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

jimc_....cricket is not played every competively during this time but November is actually in the middle of our local cricket season(which is played weekends)

So the timeframe and day you will be in the island will determine how much if any cricket you get to see.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

It will be Wednesday - maybe the schools play Wednesday afternoon like we did in English high schools? :)

Pi:...been trying to get word from the LOC(Local Organizing Comittee) about your bag situation. We have a meeting tomorrow so I should be able to speak with someone in person then. Will get back to you as soon as I have word.

jimc:.... There is actually HS cricket on Tuesdays & Wednesdays...but this is during the summer months only May - September(bummer).:(

Pi:...been trying to get word from the LOC(Local Organizing Comittee) about your bag situation. We have a meeting tomorrow so I should be able to speak with someone in person then. Will get back to you as soon as I have word.

jimc:.... There is actually HS cricket on Tuesdays & Wednesdays...but this is during the summer months only May - September(bummer).:(

Thanks for the info - it looks like I may have to do an excursion :D

Thanks Keith, we will be in Barbados next Friday and this bag situation is for the following Saturday. Look forward to your reply after your meeting.

Thanks agian.

Pi

Pi...some not so good news on your bag problem:(. The official word is that the ICC & the LOC will be in no way taking any responsibility for personal belongings on any kind...so you are on your own in terms of bag storage while you are at the oval.

Are you staying at a hotel post cruise or are you coming directly off the ship to the oval? I originally thought you were coming straight off the ship.

If you are staying at a hotel post cruise, you could do any early check in at the airport and then come to the oval.( You would just need to check with your airline to see what time their early check in starts) that way you have no bags and you can enjoy the game until you are ready to leave.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info Keith. We are not going to be staying post cruise at a hotel but have a flight later in the evening. I will call my airline later today to check if they would do an early check in.

Thank You.

Archived