I have a question about booking discount...

Cotton

Yes, I actually have a question!:D

I can't find the answer by doing every kind search, and I'm putting off calling my PVP about it.

I know Carnival Corp. gives discounts (at times) when a past guest of Carnival books w/another line they own. My sister is taking a Princess cruise to Alaska. She somehow doesn't believe me when I tell her that there's a possibility she can get a past guest discount, because she has cruised on Carnival with me once.

Does anybody know where I can find that statement in writing?

Thx!:)

I can't find the answer by doing every kind search, and I'm putting off calling my PVP about it.

I know Carnival Corp. gives discounts (at times) when a past guest of Carnival books w/another line they own. My sister is taking a Princess cruise to Alaska. She somehow doesn't believe me when I tell her that there's a possibility she can get a past guest discount, because she has cruised on Carnival with me once.

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/vip/

:D You have to prove that to your sister in writing??? :D lol lol;)

:D Yes, I do. She's the original Doubting Thomasina!

I wanted her to have something to show her TA, just in case the TA says it isn't do-able. (Some TAs just don't want to go thru the trouble of any extras, y'know?);)

Cotton!!!

How are you? I just booked my first Princess Cruise a couple of weeks ago, NO DISCOUNT... apparently, and someone with more Princess experience will chime in, they are not big on "past cruiser" discounts like Carnival, but if sis is a first timer - they offer a First Timer OBC, that we got that was really nice.

Even though the website link you were given says that you can get discounts, they just don't see to have them like Carnival does...

I am looking forward to my first Princess Cruise though, can't wait to walk into the dining room in my wifebeater T and ratty jeans... ;) :p

Hey Dood...I've been out of town for two days, so just now getting back to this thread.

You are SO bad!:D (Please come back and tell us the reaction to your attire on Princess.)

I will tell my sister about the OBC - thx.

Out of curiosity, I called my PVP, and she said that IF a past guest discount were available at the time, my sis should be able to get it on Princess, having cruised once on Carnival. I am now SO confused. Oh well, I'll just pass on ALL this info, and she's on her own.

...and I'm doing well, thank you.:)

Cotton!!!

How are you? I just booked my first Princess Cruise a couple of weeks ago, NO DISCOUNT... apparently, and someone with more Princess experience will chime in, they are not big on "past cruiser" discounts like Carnival, but if sis is a first timer - they offer a First Timer OBC, that we got that was really nice.

Even though the website link you were given says that you can get discounts, they just don't see to have them like Carnival does...

I am looking forward to my first Princess Cruise though, can't wait to walk into the dining room in my wifebeater T and ratty jeans... ;) :p

You Traitor! 1st RCI, now Princess? what's happening to you????:D :p

ooo Dood-- wait til you sail Princess -- wow.

What ship are you sailing?

Unlike Carnival-- the people on the ship enforced the rules. yes--even in the dining room. Was very nice.

--

Cotton- Your SIL can get the past quest discount but she will still be a firt time cruiser. We did that for our Princess cruise.

ooo Dood-- wait til you sail Princess -- wow.

What ship are you sailing?

Unlike Carnival-- the people on the ship enforced the rules. yes--even in the dining room. Was very nice.

--

Cotton- Your SIL can get the past quest discount but she will still be a firt time cruiser. We did that for our Princess cruise.

Hey Serenearama...

I have been reading some of your comparisons, we are sailing on the repositioning cruise of the Crown from NY to San Juan. We booked a Riv deck balcony cabin, strategically located to avoid Lido noise...

We are going to try the anytime dining, but I think that we will also end up doing both Sabatinis and the steak place (name?), they seem to have unlimited dining options. It is going to be a quiet get away for DW and I, just like the one we did on the Liberty at the end of '05. We are really looking forward to it, we are going to spend a few days in NY pre-cruise and one night in SJU before we fly out. I have always wanted to do SJU, but flights have been a bugger, I was able to use FF miles from DW for the flights.

Anymore Princess insight?

I look forward to hearing YOUR comparissons on Carnival Vs Princess.

Although I know I will never ever cruise from San Juan again.

We did dine at both sabatini and Sterlings-- On the crown the steak house if called the Grill. We enjoyed both- but the italian place was better since I never ate in a place like that before. You only pick your entree- everything else is given to you throughout the courses.

SOda card is UBER cheap on Princess- comparing to carnival-- soda cards are well worth the money on Princess- 27 bucks for a 7 day cruise.

We waited no time for a soda-- even in the show lounge and while eating dinner in the buffet area.

The buffet is where we ate most dinners. Only ate in the dining room once. Music is played each night depending on what the theme was.

Make sure you try the Love Boat dream dessert-- too rich for me.

We had an aft on Caribe Deck. awesome.

No lemonade or fruit punch- coffee is nasty to say the least but I bought coffee from the Lobby bar for $1.00 a cup-

We also took those single packs of lemonade for a taste of something different. No free soft serve ice cream.. the pizza was great too. They use fresh dough that is rolled our right there-- you remember the kind where they have to throw it in the air etc.. and the sauce is made from tomatos-- not can stuff.

sigh--some day--ill go again. For now--im sailing on carnival again in August.

Archived