Slide question

Robin & Dan

There's a suggestion for you. Do research on the islands your cruise will be visiting and see if there are any waterparks you will be able to visit. Much more variety and fun than the single ship's slide. :)

Thanks for the kind thoughts Kethry. I did do my research and thats why I choose to go to Atlantis so my kids could enjoy the water slides. There were no restrictions for them at Atlantis. They went on slides that would have scared the %#@$ out of me. They, along with with their dad had a great time. I'm all good with just watching and taking pictures.

I spend many hours researching and deciding what to do on they Islands we visit. That is what is so great about CC. Always full of good info and great people to share their ideas.

:confused: where did you get that information from???? :confused: On our Spirit cruise 2 weeks ago, the SLIDE was in operation, OK, short hours daily (but then they are all open short hours daily, not matter what ship you are on) and I think it was closed only like a day or 2, but I did see many kids and adults have a ball of a time there.

Happy cruising :)

My apologies. When I was on the Spirit in Oct the slide was not in use. Thats where I got my info from. Apparently that has changed. That will make my kids happy when we sail her again this Oct. They look forward to that.

are you sure he doesn't meet the height requirement? height requirements are lower for slide that don't drop you into the pool, even though the slide themselves are bigger. i'm not exactly sure what that requirement is, but i know that my 4 y/o had no trouble meeting the requirement on the victory, but had trouble as a 5 y/o meeting the requirement on fantasy. when we cruised a couple of mos later on elation, he made it.

They were able to do the slide on the Pride but my youngest was turned away on the Liberty.

SORRy (my co-balcony snob ;) ) but there IS a height restriction at Atlantis. My 7 year old was turned away. The height requirement is 48" tall. And she was stopped trying to get on one of the more mundane slides. BOTH of my children could do the slides in between the kids pools. And they could do the lazy river (I sat my 2 year old in my tube). BUT, no bigger slides.

So, we are going back to Atlantis in August and they just opened up the new Aquaventure so I emailed them to see what the height is for that...it's not good news.

Here is the the response from Atlantis...

Dear Michele,

An adventure awaits you, inspired by the ocean and myth of the lost continent.

The 48" restriction is strictly enforced on the new Aquaventure.

Atlantis.com is where the exploration begins. There we have detailed accounts of the Lost City with photos and videos for you to enjoy. Our website offers vacation package options, nightly room rates, restaurant details, dining plans, entertainment information and so much more.

We look forward to helping you plan your Journey.

Your guide to Atlantis,

Max

Oh and just to add...my child was also turned away from the slide on Elation (48" tall requirement).

She is 7 years old and just went for her well visit and measured 46.5" and she says to the nurse "Oh great, I STILL am not tall enough for Atlantis"

LOL! The nurse had NO idea what Atlantis was. :rolleyes: :p

Some of the things the kids could do at Atlantis

482585-R1-21-20A_022.jpg

482585-R1-15-14A_016.jpg

482585-R1-09-8A_010.jpg

I thought it was funny because we were on the Liberty when we went to Atalantis. No sliding on the Liberty, but no problems sliding in Atlantis. Both kids went on most the slides. There is one that is really steep,goes into the shark tank. The DH was scared to death but figured if the youngest DS could do it he could. My older boy (who has Down Syndrome) didn't want to go on that one. Don't blame him.

Thanks for letting me steal you balcony snob logo. It's really cute. speaking of that I must run and book the Destiny. Changing from the Liberty to the Destiny for next year. Have to book early. :) Gotta make sure I get that balcony ya know.:D

I thought it was funny because we were on the Liberty when we went to Atalantis. No sliding on the Liberty but no problems in Atlantis. Both kids went on all the slides. There is one that is really steep,goes into the shark tank. The DH was scared to death but figured if the youngest DS could do it he could. My older boy (who has Down Syndrome) didn't want to go on that one. Don't blame him.

Thanks for letting me steal you balcony snob logo. It's really cute. speaking of that I must run and book the Destiny. Changing from the Liberty to the Destiny for next year. Have to book early. :) Gotta make sure I get that balcony ya know.:D

How old/tall are your children? I need to figure out how to get my 7 year old past the height restrictions by August? I told her I was going to get her "veggie shots" if she didn't start eating them. :p

Yes, I'm kidding!

My kids are shorties, poor things, no thanks to me. 5'1" and dad 5'8". They have no chance, especially my Down Syndrome child. They are always short statured.

We were there a couple of years ago. The youngest was turned away on the Liberty (48" limit). He was just a hair under it. He was disappointed. Since the slide wasn't open on the Spirit we didn't get the opportunity to try it out. They would me the requirement now. Now they will get the chance to try the Spirits slide out. They love stuff like that. I guess it's a boy thing.

I have a stupid question. How do you use the pools and slides at Atlantis? I have been to their website and Carnival's and don't see a way to do this. Thanks for any help.

Sheila

There is only ONE way and it's not cheap....get a room. You have to call and book a room at Atlantis or the Comfort Inn Paradise Island.

That's it...no other way.

On carnival's tour, you can "tour Atlantis" but you can't go on the slides. There is security that stops you and asks to see your bracelet.

We go on our cruises (and Nassau is a port), get off the ship, take a water taxi to Paradise Island ($3 pp each way), then walk the short few blocks to Atlantis. Check into our room and spend the day being treated like an Atlantis guest. Then we check out at night and go back to the ship in time for dinner. :)

You HAVE to be on the look out for the best Atlantis price. We paid $199 for Atlantis in December. I called and asked for a special "Summer Promo Price" and we are paying $282 total (including taxes.housekeeping fees/energy charges) in August. But online, they are listing the rooms at $299 plus all of that,

Is it any cheaper at the Comfort Inn? We're not going until October.

Nope, not enough to be worth it. It is to some people though. I am pricing it at about $264 without all of the extra charges. I bet if you called them directly, it might be cheaper though. It's worth a shot.

I googled their info

Comfort Inn

Paradise Island Drive

(PO Box SS 6202)

Paradise Island, The Grand Bahama Island

Phone: +1 242 363 3680

Here is the facts from the Carnival website:

Are there any height requirements for Carnival's Twister Waterslide?spacer.gifCarnival's Twister waterslides that are on ships that run into a pool (Fantasy & Holiday class vessels) have a height requirement of 48” or 4 feet. This height is set by the manufacturer. It is set for the safety of the guest using the equipment.

Carnival's Twister waterslides that run off into itself (Destiny, Sprit, Conquest class vessels) have a height requirement of 42’ as they do not have a pool at the bottom to worry about.

:eek: I'm never going to be 42 feet tall, so no Twister slide for me. :mad:

We were on the Liberty in January and my twin 6 year olds met the height requirement of 42 inches. My four year old was sad he couldn't go on with his brothers. Just another reason to book a cruise again later.........:) And then we will have to book again when my 2 year old meets the requirement. Love the excuses!

Hey cruisinmama06,

whatever happened to iamthesea, since they took her thread off about her daughter's mishap, she's gone and never been back?????

I am almost afraid to ask, but WHY did they remove that post? There seems to be an overzealous post zapper on the loose. ;) :p

Now I'll have to go see if I can find her.

I am almost afraid to ask, but WHY did they remove that post? There seems to be an overzealous post zapper on the loose. ;) :p

Now I'll have to go see if I can find her.

tell me about it, today I have been gangbanged on one passport thread, some fool is also try to get the same going on another passport thread I posted on. i tell ya, some of these guys on here............

anways, hope all is going well with ya

Is it any cheaper at the Comfort Inn? We're not going until October.

We booked thru comfortsuites.com and paid 171.00 for 4. Mind you that was a couple of years ago. We checked into the Comfort Suites and then got our bracelets and headed across to Atlantis. The CS charged us a cleaning fee, even though we weren't going to use the room, we tried to have it removed but to no avail. So we decided to mess up the beds and use the towels. Mean huh???

We booked thru comfortsuites.com and paid 171.00 for 4. Mind you that was a couple of years ago. We checked into the Comfort Suites and then got our bracelets and headed across to Atlantis. The CS charged us a cleaning fee, even though we weren't going to use the room, we tried to have it removed but to no avail. So we decided to mess up the beds and use the towels. Mean huh???

The cleaning fee/energy fee ($10 per person per day) goes on EVERY Atlantis room and Comfort Inn room. It is a way to get tips for their housekeeping staff since many do not receive any from the guests who just use the room to get the wristband.

And yes, $171 was a great price. I think, unfortunatly those days are over. Many of the major hotel booking sites (I won't mention the name) actually add a $58 booking fee just for those 2 hotels. :rolleyes: Now THAT is a rip off.

Crusinmama - I guess they got wise to the amount of money they could make. Good things just don't last do they??? :) I am glad that we went. Not so sure I'd do it again. Lunch was outrageous there. 76.76 for 4. It was sandwichs and a split pizza for the kids. Ouch . It was a great experience but just for a one time thing.

I'm curious about Imthesea also. Vanished. hum??? Whats up with that and what the heck was wrong that made her thread disappear?

Archived