How far, Talkeetna to McKinley Princess WIlderness Lodge?

picruiser

We're doing the Alaska cruise/tour thru Princess this summer, and was wondering how far the town of Talkeetna is to the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge...We would like to go into town and try out the local "nightlife". ID there a shuttle from the lodge to the town? Thanks

Talkeetna: Milepost 98.7 on AK-3 (George Parks Highway), turn right onto the Talkeetna Spur Road. Continue on the Talkeetna Spur Road 14 miles into the townsite of Talkeetna

McKinley Princess: Access the lodge at milepost 133 on the George Parks Highway.

They're about 50 miles apart. As far as a shuttle goes, I don't know. I think it would be costly if there is.

Yep, it's an hour ride between the two. A reason I suggest you make all you plans carefully and avoid going back and forth more than once.

There is little "night life" in Talkeetna. The Talkeenta Roadhouse sometimes has some ad lib music that's about it. I suggest you stay in town, when you get there- if coming in by train, and see what is of interest at that point and take the shuttle, once back to the lodge.

Princess does run a shuttle, in the past there was a fee involved.

Top attraction here is flightseeing.

Archived