RCCL Shareholder Benefit question

Hi gang :)

Taken from:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

On question #2, it says:

2. What is the offer?

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
  • $200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Carribean or Celebrity Cruise sailings (Excludes Celebrity Xpeditions) booked by May 1,2007.

:eek:

What happens after May 1, 2007? :eek:

It is a perk of owning the stock but it isn't a mandatory one. I have several varied stocks and RCI (or CCL) are the only ones that give me this kind of perk for using their product.

The reasons they could have to take it away could vary but the most likely would be for financial reasons, ie, their botton line. To my knowledge, since they started this they haven't voted to take it away.

However their corporate rules were set up for this perk, it apparently includes having to vote yearly on it.

So they could just take it away from you :(

For no reason ?????? :( :(

Why, why why would they do this :(

You are over reacting to this slight possibility. Relax, it will continue, at least the odds are greatly in favor of it continuing.

jc

I think if you've booked the cruise before 5/1/07 and requested the credit, you receive and get to keep it.

They would just no longer process new requests for the obc if voted down during at the shareholders meeting.

JMHO

Wendy

Hi gang :)

Taken from:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

On question #2, it says:

2. What is the offer?

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.
  • $200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Carribean or Celebrity Cruise sailings (Excludes Celebrity Xpeditions) booked by May 1,2007.

What happens after May 1, 2007? :eek:

If past history is any indication, they will extend the deadline another year. This is what has happened every year since the benefit was first offered.:)

You are over reacting to this slight possibility. Relax, it will continue, at least the odds are greatly in favor of it continuing.

jc

(and, um, the overreacting was my poor attempt at winning an academy award .... :D .... )

I'm just thinking that it'd be our luck ... we transfer our CCL stock $$ to RCI stock and then they do away with this perk!!!! ha ha you gotta love Murphy.

(and, um, the overreacting was my poor attempt at winning an academy award .... :D .... )

I'm just thinking that it'd be our luck ... we transfer our CCL stock $$ to RCI stock and then they do away with this perk!!!! ha ha you gotta love Murphy.

Hey Jen! :)

It is very doubtful that they will do away with this perk. We have owned stock for several years and the OBC has paid for our original purchase price! All this is TAX FREE, too. The board has to vote on it every year and since it's inception they have voted to renew for another year.

If you have a cruise booked and have applied for the OBC before the aformentioned deadline, you would get the credit even if they did vote not to continue this perk. But as has been mentioned, it has been renewed every year :D

how many shares does one have to buy and what If I have already booked 2 cruises with RCI. Will i still get an onboard credit for those cruises?

100 shares of stock must be owned. You must show proof by either a proxy card or a brokerage account statement. This can be scanned and emailed to them along with all the information required to the address on the form.

The OBS's will apply to all cruises booked by May 1, 2007. Like everyone else has said, most probably it will be extended another year.

Ok, you guys are making me jealous with all of your credits and stuff!

I'll have to buy that RCI stock. Now someone make it go down cause it'll be cheaper for me to buy it then! :D

Ok, now while we might love you, the thought of me wishing that a stock I own would go down is simply not possible. ;)

jc

I wonder how many shares are held that are actually bought for the main purpose of the credit? "IF" they would decide to stop the program, how many shares would be sold off after that announcement? Just a thought.

Rick

Archived