NCL.com Questions!

vowsatsea

OK, two questions:

1) When I register on NCL.com for my boyfriend and I, both our names come up with the same address. We don't live at the same address, and this could be a problem when we go to board, because the driver's license won't match the registration. No matter how many times I go back and update it, it won't change the address. It changes long enough for me to print it, but then when I go back to check to see if it stayed, it didn't.

2) When you book shore excursions through NCL.com, do you give them your credit card, or is it just applied to your onboard account that you pay at the end of the cruise?

Thanks!

Hmmm...:confused: The first question I'm not sure of. I'm not sure it makes a difference as long as his name on his license will match his birth certificate if that is what he's using. I can be wrong, but I don't think the address is of much importance. Maybe you could call to be on the safe side or someone else may know more specific info.

As for booking excursions, they would all be added to your room card and paid as your other ship expenses are. With whatever credit card you gave them to set up the account.

Hmmm...:confused: The first question I'm not sure of. I'm not sure it makes a difference as long as his name on his license will match his birth certificate if that is what he's using. I can be wrong, but I don't think the address is of much importance. Maybe you could call to be on the safe side or someone else may know more specific info.

As for booking excursions, they would all be added to your room card and paid as your other ship expenses are. With whatever credit card you gave them to set up the account.

Thanks BBM! I'm going to look into the first question a little more just to make sure it won't effect anything.

I am experiencing the same thing. My mother lives in MD and I live in NY and when I change the information under her name it cedes over to my name and vicea versa. So, I just stop trying and figure it will all get straighten out when we begin to board.

We had the same situation for our last cruise. We had two rooms booked. For one room, both occupants had/have the same address. Room two had/has two different addresses. The only way to rectify it was to call NCL and have them put the different address in for room two. The documents, for room one, had stuff for both passengers and was received at the correct address. Room Two, Person A received their documents at the correct address. Another set of documents was sent to Room Two, Person B at their correct address.

In the end, everything worked out fine. A phone call to NCL was all it took (as you have noticed, their online system doesn't think the room's occupants should have different address, LOL) to solve the problem. But, I also agree that it wouldn't have been an issue when boarding.

OK, two questions:

1) When I register on NCL.com for my boyfriend and I, both our names come up with the same address. We don't live at the same address, and this could be a problem when we go to board, because the driver's license won't match the registration. No matter how many times I go back and update it, it won't change the address. It changes long enough for me to print it, but then when I go back to check to see if it stayed, it didn't.

Your address has nothing to do with your cruise. The address for the first person listed in the cabin is the address used for everyone. NCL doesn't care if you have four people in a cabin with four different addresses. They need one address for tickets and that's it. They don't confirm your address matches your driver's licence and not everyone uses a driver's license as ID. I use my passport which has no address. You shouldn't worry about this.

One thing...after you get home, you may have to call the Latitudes Desk to make sure they have the correct address for your Latitudes Membership.

2) When you book shore excursions through NCL.com, do you give them your credit card, or is it just applied to your onboard account that you pay at the end of the cruise?
Shore excursions are charged to your onbaord account and you pay for them at the end of the week. Have fun!

Here is the problem with the address. Your reservation is what NCL calls "linked". I went thru this last year cruising with my son. Update his address mine would change and vice versa. Simple to fix call your TA or NCL and have them unlink the reservations. Both addresses will go in fine and you will both get your own docs.

Here is the problem with the address. Your reservation is what NCL calls "linked". I went thru this last year cruising with my son. Update his address mine would change and vice versa. Simple to fix call your TA or NCL and have them unlink the reservations. Both addresses will go in fine and you will both get your own docs.

But if you're traveling together, why is it important to get separate docs? For the cruises where I've cruised with my mom who lives in LA and I'm in CO we had my address and I got everything then when we boarded we were together and the address didn't matter. I guess I don't see a reason for the same address to be an issue because you can board with no problem no matter what address is on your ticket. If it's important to someone to have a separate address then it's good to know you can call and "unlink" the reservation.

To the OP...you won't have a problem.

I don't think the address means much to anyone.

We use our business address for most of this stuff so the mail does not get left at the door, etc. We seem to spend more time AWAY from home than at home.

But or course our license has our home address. And, here is the big deal

YOUR PASSPORT HAS NO ADDRESS ON IT!

(if you have one)

But if you're traveling together, why is it important to get separate docs? For the cruises where I've cruised with my mom who lives in LA and I'm in CO we had my address and I got everything then when we boarded we were together and the address didn't matter. I guess I don't see a reason for the same address to be an issue because you can board with no problem no matter what address is on your ticket. If it's important to someone to have a separate address then it's good to know you can call and "unlink" the reservation.

To the OP...you won't have a problem.

Seperate docs are not crictical in many cases but when using NCL air and flying from seperate citys it is nice to have your own copy of the docs if for no other reason then any issues with the airline. If they are edocs they can be forward electronicly. If paper docs having both passengers on one set how do you each get a copy short of photo copying and who needs the extra work. Flying on your own if one person is delayed and you can not board together 2 sets are better then one when you are trying to get to the first port of call. :eek:

Yes you can get on the ship with the wrong address. The real issue when my address was changed to his so was my profile at NCL. Maybe we are different if something is wrong I like to fix it. Why travel with your contact address being wrong when you don't have to.

Thanks for all the help everyone! :D I'm not going to worry too much about it. I printed out the registration which has the correct addresses on each, so even if it is not correct in their system, I at least have a copy of the correct one to show them.

Thanks again!

Maybe we are different if something is wrong I like to fix it. Why travel with your contact address being wrong when you don't have to.
I get what you're saying. I guess I try to avoid calling NCL at all costs because of the wait time that can sometimes be very long. Then again, I'm usually the person that books the cruise so my address is always correct. ;)

I get what you're saying. I guess I try to avoid calling NCL at all costs because of the wait time that can sometimes be very long. Then again, I'm usually the person that books the cruise so my address is always correct. ;)

Avoiding calling NCL unless you have a PCC is a good idea ;)

Archived