Sapphire Baha, Caribe or Lido Deck?

LarryF

We are currently booked in a mid ship Port side Baja Balcony cabin for May NB Alaska cruise. Would it be worth $120 extra to change to a mid ship port side Caribe cabin (larger balcony but half uncovered) or a forward port side Lido Balcony cabin?

There are no starboard sides available and no covered balcony mini suites available.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Larry

Yes, Caribe midship so you can bask in my presence. :D

Kidding aside, I don't think it's worth it. Regular size balcony is just fine for two people. I'd rather have a fully covered balcony in case of inclement weather. I didn't have much of a choice in booking my midship Caribe cabin. It was the only one left that fit my needs. I woulda rather saved money to spend on excursions, drinks, etc.

Yes, Caribe midship so you can bask in my presence. :D

Kidding aside, I don't think it's worth it. Regular size balcony is just fine for two people. I'd rather have a fully covered balcony in case of inclement weather. I didn't have much of a choice in booking my midship Caribe cabin. It was the only one left that fit my needs. I woulda rather saved money to spend on excursions, drinks, etc.

I agree that the Caribe may not be worth it, but would being three decks higher on the Lido deck be worth it. The pictures make it look like you could almost shake hands with the people on Caribe balcony below our Baha balcony!

I agree that the Caribe may not be worth it, but would being three decks higher on the Lido deck be worth it. The pictures make it look like you could almost shake hands with the people on Caribe balcony below our Baha balcony!

Higher level is nice. But try to avoid the forward cabin. Higher level and forward location are the worst combination for people who are motion sensitive. If a member of your party tend to get motions-sickness, don't spend that $120 to get into the situation. Mid-ship is always the best place to be..

We really loved our Caribe midship balcony. It was nice to be able to be protected when we wanted and also be able to get out where it was easier to get a better view on the uncovered section. There are a lot of sea days that make the balcony size pretty important.

We really loved our Caribe midship balcony. It was nice to be able to be protected when we wanted and also be able to get out where it was easier to get a better view on the uncovered section. There are a lot of sea days that make the balcony size pretty important.

Would you still recommend the Caribe Balcony for Alaska where there is a good chance we will have a lot of rain?

Also, a Caribe Balcony just came available on starboard side....for those of you who have sailed NB from Vancouver to Whitter, is the scenery that much better from the Starboard side??

Larry,

It can also be pretty cool on the balcony in Alaska without the rain; but being able to get away from the balcony cover really allows you to get such a better view of the ship and the scenery. To me, it is the best type of balcony and I will book one in the future. I would have gotten one for our upcoming Med cruise on the Grand, but a corner aft cabin was available and it should be even better. :)

Archived